New Hallmark Ornaments for sale on Saturday

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
This year's Ornament Premiere is July 14th (a Sat.), 2018. Sadly, the SW Keepsake ornaments are weak: an electronic Han Carbonite/Boushh, a ROJ Fett, and more (maybe the same?) TIE/Falcon/X-Wing plug-ins. A tree skirt with ROJ Luke & Vader. That's it. Maybe they're intending the Oct. or Nov. premiere(s) to have more TLJ or Solo ones... :(

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I noticed that Hallmark did some updating on SW ornaments, but the good ones are due out in October: Han & Chewie in Solo outfits, the Solo M. Falcon, and electronic R2 with Porgs. But a light-up Threepio head, and red-blue-or-gold BB8 Mystery Box should be there this weekend (from Sat. 7/14 on). Oh, and Jerome Bettis in Steeler gear as well; not really any other sci-fi, comic, film, TV, Disney, toys, cool ones I saw. :(

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
My haul, if you want to call it that, was:
- A Rebellious Rescue (Han & Boushh)
- "The Bus" Bettis
- wooden R2 & Threepio (2 separate boxes)

It was too hot this morning to wait for just that. But I did. Helpin' the local economy, I guess.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Today begins the next ornament "premier" (hmm...), and I will report back with comments on the SW ones I hope to get (I don't think there'll be a rush to snag them ALL, since they are a tad pricey).

[edit] All I bought were the Han/Chewie set (they are bigger than I thought... see image below for their scale next to a 3 3/4" Range Trooper... which then explains why they were a cent below thirty bucks) and Lando's Falcon (haven't listened to its sounds yet... it was $33! ). I passed on the R2 with Porgs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Apparently there was another ornament "premiere" weekend 2 weekends ago. I don't think there were any other new SW ones (with some coupons, I decided to get the "Porgs of a Feather" R2; passed on the Steelers and Penguins jersey ornaments based on their price: $17?!? each).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The first Ornament Premiere (oxymoronic, to have multiple premieres, but oh well) is July 13th (a Saturday, not a Friday). SW ones of note: a Fett helmet with sound (nah), Luke in the "Binary Sunset" ANH pose (maybe), Biker Scout on Speeder Bike (probably), Yavin medal (yeah), Y-Wing (maybe). Others in October's premiere: C3PO as Lego, R2D2 as Lego, C3PO & R2 with Santa hat/lights, S. Destroyer, 3 lightsabers. Heard there should be two E9:ROS ones later, too.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Tomorrow's the day.
I stopped by a shop today, and found out that the Yavin Medal ornament had been released back in May, so I picked it up today (just in case there's a run on them tonight) and used my $9 coupon; it was basically half-price. I decided the Luke and Bike ones are probably the only ones I'll buy (and due to 100+ temps predicted, I doubt I'll wait in line and just get there when it opens).

[edit] I tried a different store (one actually closer to home)… and I was reminded WHY I don't often go to this one. No significant problems; just multiple annoyances. I found Luke and the Speeder Bike relatively easily, and due to others' inabilities to see signs of where the line forms, left the store pretty quickly. I would've found the Yavin medal here too (it's heavy, for an ornament; on the tree, it might break branches or slide off).

Last edited:

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
I was at a SW event the day of the big release. Since there wasn't a limited edition ornament to get, it didn't bother me. Went on Sunday and got the two ornaments that were out. What money I saved just rolled over to the October premiere.

The number of HM shops in my area has decreased in the last few years, which has caused me to pre-order the ornaments. The number of pre-orders at the shop I now frequent increased significantly.

The Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation ornaments I can pick up on sale at Kohl's during the holidays.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The only new SW ornament I noticed from this weekend's premiere was a TROS Rey/Kylo 2-set for $30. It looks okay, but the coolest thing is, go to Hallmark's page, and when you click on the photo of the item and you get the zoom-in feature, move it back and forth really fast and they lightsaber "fight" each other! :p

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
I picked the Rey/Kylo ornament up yesterday. It's going on the tree tonight.

I also went to Kohl's last night and bought the Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story ornaments with the current 25-percent off coupon.