New Hallmark Ornaments for sale on Saturday

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
This year's Ornament Premiere is July 14th (a Sat.), 2018. Sadly, the SW Keepsake ornaments are weak: an electronic Han Carbonite/Boushh, a ROJ Fett, and more (maybe the same?) TIE/Falcon/X-Wing plug-ins. A tree skirt with ROJ Luke & Vader. That's it. Maybe they're intending the Oct. or Nov. premiere(s) to have more TLJ or Solo ones... :(

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I noticed that Hallmark did some updating on SW ornaments, but the good ones are due out in October: Han & Chewie in Solo outfits, the Solo M. Falcon, and electronic R2 with Porgs. But a light-up Threepio head, and red-blue-or-gold BB8 Mystery Box should be there this weekend (from Sat. 7/14 on). Oh, and Jerome Bettis in Steeler gear as well; not really any other sci-fi, comic, film, TV, Disney, toys, cool ones I saw. :(

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
My haul, if you want to call it that, was:
- A Rebellious Rescue (Han & Boushh)
- "The Bus" Bettis
- wooden R2 & Threepio (2 separate boxes)

It was too hot this morning to wait for just that. But I did. Helpin' the local economy, I guess.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Today begins the next ornament "premier" (hmm...), and I will report back with comments on the SW ones I hope to get (I don't think there'll be a rush to snag them ALL, since they are a tad pricey).

[edit] All I bought were the Han/Chewie set (they are bigger than I thought... see image below for their scale next to a 3 3/4" Range Trooper... which then explains why they were a cent below thirty bucks) and Lando's Falcon (haven't listened to its sounds yet... it was $33! ). I passed on the R2 with Porgs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Apparently there was another ornament "premiere" weekend 2 weekends ago. I don't think there were any other new SW ones (with some coupons, I decided to get the "Porgs of a Feather" R2; passed on the Steelers and Penguins jersey ornaments based on their price: $17?!? each).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
The first Ornament Premiere (oxymoronic, to have multiple premieres, but oh well) is July 13th (a Saturday, not a Friday). SW ones of note: a Fett helmet with sound (nah), Luke in the "Binary Sunset" ANH pose (maybe), Biker Scout on Speeder Bike (probably), Yavin medal (yeah), Y-Wing (maybe). Others in October's premiere: C3PO as Lego, R2D2 as Lego, C3PO & R2 with Santa hat/lights, S. Destroyer, 3 lightsabers. Heard there should be two E9:ROS ones later, too.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Tomorrow's the day.
I stopped by a shop today, and found out that the Yavin Medal ornament had been released back in May, so I picked it up today (just in case there's a run on them tonight) and used my $9 coupon; it was basically half-price. I decided the Luke and Bike ones are probably the only ones I'll buy (and due to 100+ temps predicted, I doubt I'll wait in line and just get there when it opens).

[edit] I tried a different store (one actually closer to home)… and I was reminded WHY I don't often go to this one. No significant problems; just multiple annoyances. I found Luke and the Speeder Bike relatively easily, and due to others' inabilities to see signs of where the line forms, left the store pretty quickly. I would've found the Yavin medal here too (it's heavy, for an ornament; on the tree, it might break branches or slide off).

Last edited:

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
I was at a SW event the day of the big release. Since there wasn't a limited edition ornament to get, it didn't bother me. Went on Sunday and got the two ornaments that were out. What money I saved just rolled over to the October premiere.

The number of HM shops in my area has decreased in the last few years, which has caused me to pre-order the ornaments. The number of pre-orders at the shop I now frequent increased significantly.

The Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation ornaments I can pick up on sale at Kohl's during the holidays.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
The only new SW ornament I noticed from this weekend's premiere was a TROS Rey/Kylo 2-set for $30. It looks okay, but the coolest thing is, go to Hallmark's page, and when you click on the photo of the item and you get the zoom-in feature, move it back and forth really fast and they lightsaber "fight" each other! :p

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
I picked the Rey/Kylo ornament up yesterday. It's going on the tree tonight.

I also went to Kohl's last night and bought the Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story ornaments with the current 25-percent off coupon.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Hallmark stores have their Christmas items (including Keepsake ornaments) at 75% off around me. Issue? Hardly any SW ornaments left (I got the Lego Threepio cheap; I thought the glut of Sith Troopers would've meant there'd be at least one on the shelf). And, an employee said today was their last day with them on display.

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
Back in the day, at the big HM store at the mall, it wasn't unusual for them to have Christmas ornaments (the ones no one wanted, even at 75 - 90 percent off) sit around until March or April. Not anymore.

I ordered the lightsaber ornaments online at half off.

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
Stopped by HM store today to sign up for this year's ornaments. Since the store was closed for May the Fourth and they weren't there, they had a couple of items that had just arrived: a metal AT-AT and a three-pack of ornaments, Vader, Yoda and R2. Hadn't heard a whisper of these. I bought them, of course.

The metal AT-AT is part of a series. An X-wing and TIE fighter are coming out later in the year.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Stopped by HM store today to sign up for this year's ornaments. Since the store was closed for May the Fourth and they weren't there, they had a couple of items that had just arrived: a metal AT-AT and a three-pack of ornaments, Vader, Yoda and R2. Hadn't heard a whisper of these. I bought them, of course.

The metal AT-AT is part of a series. An X-wing and TIE fighter are coming out later in the year.
Interesting, OC. Online, their website says they will be available July 13th of this year (I think that's the Premiere Weekend?). You may have a scoop!

There is also a swamp X-Wing for the July date. This year has several cool ones due out later: Bespin Leia & Chewie (I want), Mandalorian (I want), The Child (I want), Lego Han (I want), Lego Chewie (I think I want), "A Lack of Faith (Vader choking Admiral... I want), Yoda w/ sounds (I think I want), Red 5 Helmet (I think I want), a few minis (Metal Helmets, Metal Ships, X-Wing, Luke Fatigues, BB-8... I might want some). Hope stores are all open AND SAFE TO CONGREGATE by then!

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
I attended the Hallmark panel at last year's Celebration, and early pix of the Red 5 helmet and Dagobah X-wing were sneak previewed. The helmet is supposed to have sound, or that was the plan a year ago.

The mini ornaments intrigue me. They look good (and are easier to find) on a smaller Christmas tree.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I was in the Hallmark store today; they recommended a pull-list this year (no Limited Quantity ornaments I want anyway) to avoid any potential crowds that day. It's still on for July 11th, but I wouldn't have to wait in line in the sun.

The OC47150

Jedi Initiate
I was in the Hallmark store today; they recommended a pull-list this year (no Limited Quantity ornaments I want anyway) to avoid any potential crowds that day. It's still on for July 11th, but I wouldn't have to wait in line in the sun.
Since there's no exclusive ornament again this year on premiere weekend, I go later in the day or the next to avoid the crowd.

Top Bottom