New Server Migration Completion

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Cool.

One thing I notice is that new threads don't seem to show in bold font (the toolbar at the top shows a red "1" under What's New, but I don't see an un-read thread, nor any labeled with bold).

[edit] I just clicked on the top thread, and apparently that one was the "new" one, since the red "1" went away. It's not a big thing, just an observation.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
My phone refreshes fast and I have trouble posting
You aren't the only one with these issues. For months I've been experiencing extreme slowdown, freezing and page crashing exclusively to only this website and forums. The cursor rapidly flashes, its difficult to post and there constant error messages about "the page has become unresponsive", "status break point" and "status stack overflow".

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I can view pages fairly well... for a few minutes. Then, the site times-out and I have to close the tab. But posting is usually a one-thread-at-a-time pace. I concur with Malakite about the flashy-cursor.

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
I did find an issue with the ad server. A few advertisers stopped their campaigns (globally, not just us) and the code kept trying to reach out and load their ads which was causing some funky behavior.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
I think you may have fixed it SirSteve. This has got to be the best the site has been working in who knows how long. I can't remember when. Got to be the last time I sent a PM about having site issues and you gave me the standard empty cookies and site history.

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
I think you may have fixed it SirSteve. This has got to be the best the site has been working in who knows how long. I can't remember when. Got to be the last time I sent a PM about having site issues and you gave me the standard empty cookies and site history.
Ok. Glad to hear it. I don't know why, but it worked for me. However, I could notice it repeatedly kept trying to reach out to the ad server, which wasn't right.