Oh My Goodness!!

Jedi_Kal-El

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 6, 2008
Delirious
www.myspace.com
I know this will come as no big surprise to anyone, but I went out this morning and had had to put gas in my car. $3.28 a gallon. Never gone above $3.19 before today. We all knew it was coming anyway, and I know those of you in the west and some in the south have seen worse, but I just thought I'd ask everyone what a gallon is going for on average in your part of the country/world these days.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I get gas at Costco, a warehouse store like Sam's Club, where it's often 10-20 cents less than regular stations. It's $3.45 around here (I got it for $3.27 a few days ago) at those stations.

One thing I have yet to do is put more than $30 in my tank at one time. Solution? Get gas more frequently (no less than half a tank used up). That will probably end soon. :greedy:

jedi master sal

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
The deep dark recesses of my brain.
$3.19 for me. Though since I belong to a fuel rewards program through my local grocery store, I often pay much less than the going rate.

I get 10 cents of PER GALLON, for every $50 I spend there. Not just groceries either, but gift cards for MANY different retailors. TRU included. On average I save 40 cents per gallon due to food purchases and gift cards. On an 18 gallon tank, that's an average of $7.20. So 2 1/3 gallons free basically.

Last August in preperation for Halo 3 I bought the limited edition Halo XBox360. I got it from Best Buy, but first stopped at my grocery store to get $500 in gift cards. It just so happened the gift cards were DOUBLE fuel points to boot, so that saved me $2.00 per gallon right there. I already had 70 cents off per gallon. So, at $2.70 off per gallon and gas being $2.76 at the time, I ended up only paying $1.00 TOTAL for a full tank of gas! (I even took a picture for proof.)

It's an excellent fuel program for consumers and yet somehow the grocery store makes money from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

plasticfetish

Senator
May 2, 2002
Portland, OR
www.plasticfetish.net
A little over $3.35 per gallon for regular, but I've seen it at nearly $4 for premium.

Even better, I have an oil burning furnace in my house, so I pay pretty much the same as the going rate for deisel... around $3.70 per gallon. (I'm really looking forward to summer at this point.)

Blue2th

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 10, 2005
Albaquirky
Just filled up my Toyota Tercel with a 10 gallon tank. It was $35.00 :ninja:
My V6 Toyota truck is bone dry, and it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while.

Hey does anybody know how to convert plastic action-figures into gas?
If so, I think we could be rich $$ :thumbsup:

General_Grievous

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 28, 2005
Method Acting
It's stayed between $3.35 and $3.39 for the past month around here. There's an old abandoned gas station around here (I think it used to be a Sunoco) that closed down about seven years ago. It still has prices up that read $1.19 or so per gallon. I think they left it up as a sad reminder.

Tycho

Jedi Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Gas is going for about $1.49 a liter over here in Japan which comes out to about $4.50 a gallon.
Yeah, well most of us drive personal transportation. You go everywhere in an aircraft carrier. Of course it is going to be more expensive! ;)

Seriously though, it's about $75 consistently to fill up my gas tank. I have to use the Premium as I was taught it was best for a V-8. And I just cut back on my driving and plan my errands so I can make several stops on the same trip.

Exhaust Port

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 2, 2002
Sea World of Ohio
www.cbscoaches.com
$3.19 for me. Though since I belong to a fuel rewards program through my local grocery store, I often pay much less than the going rate.

I get 10 cents of PER GALLON, for every $50 I spend there. Not just groceries either, but gift cards for MANY different retailors. TRU included. On average I save 40 cents per gallon due to food purchases and gift cards. On an 18 gallon tank, that's an average of $7.20. So 2 1/3 gallons free basically.

Last August in preperation for Halo 3 I bought the limited edition Halo XBox360. I got it from Best Buy, but first stopped at my grocery store to get $500 in gift cards. It just so happened the gift cards were DOUBLE fuel points to boot, so that saved me $2.00 per gallon right there. I already had 70 cents off per gallon. So, at $2.70 off per gallon and gas being $2.76 at the time, I ended up only paying $1.00 TOTAL for a full tank of gas! (I even took a picture for proof.)

It's an excellent fuel program for consumers and yet somehow the grocery store makes money from it.
Giant Eagle? I did the same thing when I needed to buy a tool from Home Depot. When to Giant Eagle, bought $100 gift card for the fuel points, then went next door and bought the tool from Home Depot. I had an employee at Home Depot tell me that a gentleman bought his whole kitchen setup with gift cards ($10,000+) so he could cash in on the fuel points at Giant Eagle. The best is when they offer double points (20 cents per $50 spent).