Oh My Goodness!!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
(I didn't post my last two times of gas; I think the cost was in the $2.50s-$2.60s range) It is so weird with a monthly gas fill-up routine: $2.74 at Costco yesterday. But I did not go INTO Costco. That's dangerous!

[edit] I was with someone (same household! no Covid!) who got gas this week for $2.75. Not many sub-$3 stations anymore 'round here (and if they are, it's $2.99 there).

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Same as the post from July above: Costco was $2.93 when I filled up last week, and now its $2.99 price is the only one under three dollars per gallon. SoCal traffic has MANY less cars on the roads (but there is still enough to slow things down around here). Sigh...

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Heyo!

I filled half my tank at the only station (hey, Costco: one penny less) under $3 yesterday. Now, there are no stations with a '2' in the front of the price (Costco jumped 6 cents [edit: now it's up to $3.09]). Most shocking detail: the Chevron station nearest me is EIGHTY-SIX CENTS MORE, FOR THE SAME LOW GRADE 87 OCTANE GASOLINE.

[edit: 2/23] Now, there are NO stations even under $3.20! Costco's the least at a penny over that. Ugh.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Once again, it's Costco and nowhere else that's under four bucks. I've left before going to the school for a few mornings to get $3.87 and $3.89 my last two fill-ups, to beat the lines (they have set up cones and dividers, so the other businesses near the pumps aren't overwhelmed with the traffic back-ups in the parking lots).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Last week, I believe, I filled up the tank, at Costco, the lowest station as usual. But, unusually, it was over four bucks at $4.09. Online shows it's held steady there, as other stations rise. Ugh.

[edit: 11/14] After seeing the rise in prices, I went to a closer-than-Costco station that was just $.04 more a couple days ago. That station is almost a dime higher now, and Costco three pennies more. Urk.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
On my way to and from Costco for gas for its lowest-around-by-a-lot price of $4.29 per gallon, I passed these prices on other stations: $5.09, $4.43, $4.84, $4.79 (2 of these), $4.49, $4.99, $4.89, and $4.69. Yeowch.
[edit: 3/5] About a week later, that Costco is still the cheapest, but it's $.20 more.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
This thread should probably get a warning label (contains strong language, adult situations, violence, and themes) lately! I paid the most I ever have to put gasoline in a tank this past week, and it's still the cheapest price around: $5.49 at Costco. The station nearest me at the corner is now up to $6.39. This is getting close the price for a single SW figure (who'd ever have thought that?)!

[edit: 5/29] I might need to just keep updating this post, as I am sure my all-time-highest-price-paid status will keep changing as well: $5.59 today at that same Costco. Early morning hours with clouds and dew made for no lines at the pumps.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
It is possible that this morning, I just put fuel in my automobile, for under $6, for the last time in a long time. It was a non-Costco station about a mile from home at $5.999 per gallon, the lowest around here (Costco has been over $6 for a few days now). I don't drive too far from home anymore.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I filled up on 5/29/22 and thanks to my rewards discount, I still paid under $5.00 per gallon ($4.949). I imagine I won't be able to say that next time things continue as they are.
I am so jelly! (how well will THAT slang hold up in the future?) I cannot recall a time in my life where some place in the country had a difference of almost $2 in gasoline prices than mine (highest I have seen around here was $6.79, IIRC). :( Yesterday, during her errands, my mom filled up her car at a different Costco than I go to for $5.89, which had been $5.84 that morning and $5.74 the day before. AHHH!!!