Our local SW events/gatherings

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
The schedule of panels is now up for 5/19 and 5/20. Zahn's on both days, from 4-5 pm on Sat. and 3-4pm on Sun. Teen Titans seems to have artists at different times. A couple other panels I have interest in, I suppose (C. Claremont, S. Sakai, et al).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Day one of Comic Con Revolution (Ontario) 2018:
- panels (a paleontology group of scientists took various dinosaur movies and pointed out if they were accurate and/or enjoyable, Timothy Zahn spoke about Thrawn mainly, some how-to-get-into-comic-book-reading advice, Nerd Rage that wasn't all that angry [but I asked a question that made the panel think deeply: with the bad X-Men Origins Wolverine film, which character would have made the best choice for the 2nd movie of that sub-franchise?], voice acting advice; sad that the Stan Sakai one didn't state [on the app, on the boards, to the staff help] that he could not attend)
- products (I bought a Rebels ITT toy for a good price [and didn't have to mail it + tax + shipping via online ordering], saw many other cool toys and comics and "home made" stuff)
- cosplay (best ones I saw: John Coffey, Hamburgler, various [large] Transformers, "Thanos Spared Me," kid with yellow dishwashing glove with 6 clear pebbles glued on it)
- food (best deal was the hot dog combo with chips and water for under $6)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Mr. Boring? A guy with one of the coolest-yet-dangerous powers ever? And the pain of losing his love? How could you? :cry:

Day two of CCR '18:
- panels (sat in on the end of a comic writers panel, so I missed most of their context; a history of comics [20th century to today] and all-ages books; Timothy Zahn and Jason Aaron about various SW stories in novels and comics; drawing Teen Titans characters)
- meeting people (saw some friends, plus that same Forumite whose name rhymes with Bel Huckster; got to talk with Zahn for about 5-10 minutes plus his autograph, got to talk with Howard Chaykin and got politely insulted by him [it was great! :D ]; forgot to mention yesterday of speaking with a friend who's the writer of the Dark Wing Duck comic)
- products (passed on the "Stay on Target" t-shirt [their deal was "buy 2, get 1 free" when I only wanted 1 for less than 100% cost :( ], bought a Vintage Collection Sly Moore for $4)
- cosplay (not as good as Sat., which is common for cons, but: Carl from Up was great, the steampunk SW group looked amazing, more revealing ladies' outfits than the previous day, a good Black Panther, one guy holding a Tom Servo)
- food (just water from drinking fountains)

Overall, it was quite fun, very informative, decently run, small-but-big in the right ways. Depending on the guest list, I may just be back next year(s).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Two weekends in a row with SW-related events? Mighty blasters, yippee!

The 2018 SW Reads day was, once again, amazing and awesome. Guests: author Michael Kogge (who recognized me from a previous event! ), author Kevin Shinick (picture book Chewie & the Porgs), screenwriter of Rogue One Gary Whitta. Costumes courtesy of Mandalorian Mercs, 501st, Rebel Legion, and Saber Guild; master of ceremonies Obi-Shawn Crosby. Multiple artists, cute kids' costumes, a spectacular cantina picture set, another energetic Cantina Band performance to close out the day.

Attachments