Our local SW events/gatherings

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I got tickets to that as well. The kids were kinda shocked that the creators of both Thrawn AND the Teen Titans would be there.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
The schedule of panels is now up for 5/19 and 5/20. Zahn's on both days, from 4-5 pm on Sat. and 3-4pm on Sun. Teen Titans seems to have artists at different times. A couple other panels I have interest in, I suppose (C. Claremont, S. Sakai, et al).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Day one of Comic Con Revolution (Ontario) 2018:
- panels (a paleontology group of scientists took various dinosaur movies and pointed out if they were accurate and/or enjoyable, Timothy Zahn spoke about Thrawn mainly, some how-to-get-into-comic-book-reading advice, Nerd Rage that wasn't all that angry [but I asked a question that made the panel think deeply: with the bad X-Men Origins Wolverine film, which character would have made the best choice for the 2nd movie of that sub-franchise?], voice acting advice; sad that the Stan Sakai one didn't state [on the app, on the boards, to the staff help] that he could not attend)
- products (I bought a Rebels ITT toy for a good price [and didn't have to mail it + tax + shipping via online ordering], saw many other cool toys and comics and "home made" stuff)
- cosplay (best ones I saw: John Coffey, Hamburgler, various [large] Transformers, "Thanos Spared Me," kid with yellow dishwashing glove with 6 clear pebbles glued on it)
- food (best deal was the hot dog combo with chips and water for under $6)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Mr. Boring? A guy with one of the coolest-yet-dangerous powers ever? And the pain of losing his love? How could you? :cry:

Day two of CCR '18:
- panels (sat in on the end of a comic writers panel, so I missed most of their context; a history of comics [20th century to today] and all-ages books; Timothy Zahn and Jason Aaron about various SW stories in novels and comics; drawing Teen Titans characters)
- meeting people (saw some friends, plus that same Forumite whose name rhymes with Bel Huckster; got to talk with Zahn for about 5-10 minutes plus his autograph, got to talk with Howard Chaykin and got politely insulted by him [it was great! :D ]; forgot to mention yesterday of speaking with a friend who's the writer of the Dark Wing Duck comic)
- products (passed on the "Stay on Target" t-shirt [their deal was "buy 2, get 1 free" when I only wanted 1 for less than 100% cost :( ], bought a Vintage Collection Sly Moore for $4)
- cosplay (not as good as Sat., which is common for cons, but: Carl from Up was great, the steampunk SW group looked amazing, more revealing ladies' outfits than the previous day, a good Black Panther, one guy holding a Tom Servo)
- food (just water from drinking fountains)

Overall, it was quite fun, very informative, decently run, small-but-big in the right ways. Depending on the guest list, I may just be back next year(s).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Two weekends in a row with SW-related events? Mighty blasters, yippee!

The 2018 SW Reads day was, once again, amazing and awesome. Guests: author Michael Kogge (who recognized me from a previous event! ), author Kevin Shinick (picture book Chewie & the Porgs), screenwriter of Rogue One Gary Whitta. Costumes courtesy of Mandalorian Mercs, 501st, Rebel Legion, and Saber Guild; master of ceremonies Obi-Shawn Crosby. Multiple artists, cute kids' costumes, a spectacular cantina picture set, another energetic Cantina Band performance to close out the day.

Attachments

Reactions: JediTricks

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I heard some people went to said '19 Comic Revolution. I, sadly, was not among their numbers.

But, today is another iteration of the SW Day at my local library. Scheduled to appear: Daniel Logan, Leia voice Julie Dolan, ROJ Ewok Kevin Thompson, authors Michael Kogge and Daniel Keys Moran, 501st and other costume groups, director of the fan film Vader: Shards of the Past (panel moderated by a certain Mr. Jos! ), other SW musical acts, lightsaber fights, more. I'll add to this with many photos or extra comments.

[edit] Weather was great (there'd been rain and lightning days before, supposed to be more rain in a day or so), fans were energetic (not always the case over the years), many costumed heroes and villains. I think the panels for Vader Episode I: Shards of the Past also went well (first of two had just the director Danny Ramirez and actor Marik Knight who played young Anakin, second panel added a post-production artist and actor who played Vader in costume [in my photo, he is a great Lando from Solo]). The closing ceremony again was with the local Cantina Band and their Jawa crew (one was in a red-with-3-stripes Adidas cape).

Attachments

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Apparently, I don't have a photo of Julie Dolan, voice of Princess Leia in some cartoon iterations, but Daniel Logan (young Boba) and Kevin Thompson (ewok in ROJ) are here in picture form. Other guests: authors Michael Kogge and Daniel Keyes Moran. Since I was more of a participant as panel moderator and over behind-the-scenes planning and assisting, I didn't make the rounds as much this time, but it's always a great time with great fans!

Attachments

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
This coming year's Ontario Comic Revolution (5/16-17, 2020) has a few guests listed: Timothy Zahn is back, plus Jim Shooter and some other comics artists. I'll need to hear of other invites before I decide to ticket-up, though.

Reactions: JediTricks