Power Play! NHL 13-14 (and beyond?)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I can't recall the last time, in any sport really, that of the last four teams remaining, I would be fine with any of them winning the title: Vegas as an expansion team, Winnipeg to end the Canadian drought, Capitals give The Great 8 his first Cup, and even Tampa Bay with their injuries the past few seasons. But the NHL marketing team I am sure is cross[check]ing its fingers for VGK v. Caps, as the other 2 teams don't scream Nielson (who is that guy, anyway?) ratings.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Congrats to Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Caps, along with Marc-Andre Fleury and the Vegas Golden Knights, for each team trying for their first Stanley Cup.

BTW, is that Mark Hamill doing the voiceovers for the Final commercials on MSNBC?

DarthQuack

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 25, 2004
Albany
Rangers announced their new head coach yesterday, hopefully he will lead them back to the playoffs!

As for the SC this year, go Vegas!!!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I was in D.C. this past week, and ALLCAPS was all over the city. I would love to see this series go the full 7 games.
I think this is the end result the NHL wanted (and props to Vegas for not booing Betman as long as other rinks have done; can we get over this lame, played-out practice, "fans"?), but perhaps would've liked more than a 5-game series. Congrats to Alex O., but cheapshot Tom Wilson DID get the boos he deserved.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The Penguins beat those same Tom-Wilson-suspended-20-games-for-another-cheap-shot defending champs in OT to open their season. They will apparently score an NHL-record 574 goals this season.

[edit] Did I say 574 goals? I meant 328. And they won't go 82-0-0, either.

Last edited: