Preview of SW: Kanan comic book

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Check it out here:

http://www.starwars.com/news/kanan-the-last-padawan-1-exclusive-preview

Then tell me what you think, because I've already added this book to my pull list at the shop.

The only characters shown are Caleb Dume (the padawan who will one day be known as Kanan Jarrus), his master Depa Billaba, and a bunch of generic troopers from both sides. But it's written by Greg Weisman, so it has a chance.

My concern here is the art style, I don't like digital penciling/inking, it's very shallow and surfacy, overly perfect and soulless too often, and leads to needlessly-aggressive coloring.

I'll probably pick up the first issue, but hopefully the colored version of these pages look better than what's here.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Of the recent trade paperbacks (Kanan: Last Padawan, Vader: Vader [not very original :rolleyes: ], Princess Leia, Lando) I had bought a couple months or so back and finally got around to reading, I really liked Lando and Leia. Kanan and Vader were decent.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I just read the Chewbacca one: I'd put it as the best of the recent ones. Loved how the writers kept Chewie's dialogue as how others heard it, yet kept the storyline moving along. I had an early feeling about the box.