Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
This could be a color-fest SB:
- The Game of Yellow (GB v. Pitt)
- The Game of Black (Atl v. Pitt)
- The Game of Red (NE v. Atl)
- The Game of Color Blind Viewers (NE v. GB)

If the Steelers, who are healthy in the playoffs and balanced on O and D for the first time in several years, continue that play in New England next weekend, I can see them handling either NFC team's offense. Now, not shutting them down, of course, but certainly the Pittsburgh offense can keep pace. I'll predict the final score will be 45-40, Pittsburgh over the NFC.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Oh huzzah, now we have the Chargers and their ever-rotating choice of new logo. Won't that be quite a pip. At least the Raiders are going to Vegas tho, so now everybody can have a good laugh.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Yeah, I'm also rooting for "not the Patriots". "Not the Patriots" is my favorite team!

I was at brunch yesterday at a nicer place, and the group upstairs was having a good time, they were dressed well except one of them was in a Falcon's jersey, and these folks went BONKERS when the Falcons started ripping Green Bay to shreds.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
GBP, thanks for not bothering to show up.

Part of me would like Atlanta to win since that would be someone different but there is also a part of me that wants to see Goodell handover Lombardi with Brady on the same stage.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
You know, I had no interest nor confidence in the "quality" of the Pro Bowl, but in the few times I clicked over to it, it seemed like a legitimate game, and even ended close. Tackling, complaints rather than a love-fest. Yay, AFC!

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
I get up VERY early for work so when I went to bed with roughly 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter (NE just scored to make it 28-9) I thought 'meh! Atlanta's got it.' Jump a head ahead a handful of hours and I look at all the texts on my phone and apparently things got rather interesting after I went to bed.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
After week 4 (hello, anyone else care about pro football?), who'd have thought that Buffalo, the LOS ANGELES Rams, Philadelphia, and Detroit would be division leaders? And that NE would be tied with the Jets?
Go Steelers!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Steelers take down the final undefeated team (cue the champagne, '72 Dolphins), and now there are fewer winless teams, too. Aaron Rogers' shoulder news is a bummer; broken-back Carr playing just two weeks after that hit was crazy.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
That was a touchdown. In actual football, he scored a TD. Over-analyzed reply is killing sports. But I'll just keep on eating my grapes (so sour) and hope Pittsburgh can maintain its top-2 level seeding in the AFC in these last 2 weeks.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Sigh. Two 4th-and-1 situations, both "unusual" calls (sweep that loses 4 yds., throw with un-called PI). Sounds like Big Ben wants another year in Pittsburgh, and maybe the team will have that chip on its shoulder to win it all on '18.
Go Sacksonville against NE next weekend; no one thought you'd be in this spot either, so why not?

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Sigh. Two 4th-and-1 situations, both "unusual" calls (sweep that loses 4 yds., throw with un-called PI). Sounds like Big Ben wants another year in Pittsburgh, and maybe the team will have that chip on its shoulder to win it all on '18.
Go Sacksonville against NE next weekend; no one thought you'd be in this spot either, so why not?
So, do you root for the other PA team now? I’m not sure who to pull for. The Vikings were the team I liked as a kid before the Seahawks joined the league, and I like purple. However, the head coach of the Eagles went to high school just a few miles from me.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
So, do you root for the other PA team now? I’m not sure who to pull for. The Vikings were the team I liked as a kid before the Seahawks joined the league, and I like purple. However, the head coach of the Eagles went to high school just a few miles from me.
It is soooo cliche', but I'm now a temporary fan of ATBTP (Any Team But the Patriots). My 100% "support" would be: Vikes: 15%, Saints: 16%, Eagles: 17%, Jaguars: 52%. Patronizers: -122%.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
It is soooo cliche', but I'm now a temporary fan of ATBTP (Any Team But the Patriots).
I kind of am too, but during the Super Bowl last year, I was kind of hoping they would come back. Also, I like to see Super Bowl matchups we haven't seen before. So, that would be anything but Patriots -Eagles. As for those that have never won the Super Bowl before, then at this point it would be ATBTP.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Here are the storylines I see:
- Phi. v. Jax (first time SB win)
- Minn. v. Jax (first time SB win, + long SB losing streak ends, + embattled QB wins)
- Phi. v. NE (SB revenge win)
- Minn. v. NE (home team defeats 5-time SB winner)

I'd support the 2nd scenario; I am sure that "NFL audiences" would not.