Pro football? AGAIN?!? Oh yeah!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Can the Tennessee vs Jacksonville game just not happen.
You know it's now gonna end 76-73, with the NFL's first-ever OT game beginning with a FG and ending with the other team getting the winning TD on the next drive. NFL record for passing yards, or rushing yards, or TD scored by a player, or return TDs, multiple safeties by both squads, sack record, etc.
:rolleyes:

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
You know it's now gonna end 76-73, with the NFL's first-ever OT game beginning with a FG and ending with the other team getting the winning TD on the next drive. NFL record for passing yards, or rushing yards, or TD scored by a player, or return TDs, multiple safeties by both squads, sack record, etc.
:rolleyes:
And which team will be the first NFL team to score a rouge?

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
My Chargers are doing exceptionally well and Rivers has set a new record for completed passes / yardage (something like that - maybe it was first downs while chewing gum at the same time?).

Anyway, it was actually disturbingly close with are enemies, the OAKLAND (LA people get it through your thick heads) Raiders, but maybe we took it for granted that we could beat them without trying?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Steelers give up 34 points, their most to an opponent this season... but win by 17?!? Big Ben breaks his own team passing yards record (and becomes the first QB in NFL history with two 500+yds. passing days) and throws 6 TDs (is that the greatest QB performance ever?). They are showing currently as just out of the playoffs (tied with a few others at 5-3), but aside from the points and yards, their 'D today reminded me of the good ol' days of Steelers football; that's a good sign.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Good news: AFC North is still all at .500 or better.
Great news: Roethlisberger set an NFL record with back-to-back 6 TD games as the Ravens go down. And "Mean Joe" Greene got his number 75 retired; only the 2nd Steeler to have that honor. Odd news: 6-3 Pittsburgh would be on the road at 5-3 Colts, who Pittsburgh beat head-to-head, in the PITSET.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Nobody in LA sports Raiders crap anymore except the odd homeboy who just likes the logo because all his homies liked it when he was a kid. Nobody here likes the Raiders, but then nobody likes the Rams or the Chargers either.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
I told a Raider-fan coworker before leaving work on Thursday that they'd win 24-23, by getting out to an early lead ("17-3 or something" I said) and having to hold on late. So, JJB, I take the blame for that one; and for getting the score wrong.
Stupid BCJ telling his stupid Raider fan coworker they'd win. :devilish:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Steelers are in great shape: win out these next two and they win the division. I think they'd still get the 3rd seed and play the 6th (could be either Cincy or Baltimore). They have a dynamic offense and strong special teams, but unlike the typical Steelers, their 'D is fragile.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Steelers 'D comes up big today, and the team clinched a playoff spot... while remaining in 2nd place in the AFC North. :confused: A 7-win team can win the NFC South next week... or one with a 6-8-2 record, perhaps. :confused:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Good news: Pittsburgh wins their division and will host a playoff game vs. the rival Ravens.
Bad news: only have 6 days to rest up, with the Saturday AFC game.
Could-be bad news: RB Le'Veon Bell left with a bad-looking knee injury.
Good stat news: Bell sets a Steelers record for yards from scrimmage, Big Ben leads the league (tied) in passing yards and comes close to the 1st 5K year for Pittsburgh, WR Antonio Brown leads the NFL in catches and yards.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
As of today, I hate football. (Until next season).

I will back Denver through the rest of this mess, for as mush as I can tolerate of it.

The Broncos were my first favorite football team (because the Chargers were blacked-out by their owners when I was growing up)

and the only other teams I can stand are the Bears and the Saints.

Denver is the only viable contender for me.

And BTW: San Diego had a 2nd TD today. Even a KC fan I watched the game with conceded that. A bad call in the 4th and we lost our momentum.

You know: #$#%! YOU - fans of other football teams.

And Baltimore: you should kiss San Diego's $## because you wouldn't get anywhere without the latest blemish on our record.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Last season, Pittsburgh needed something like 5 different scenarios to make the playoffs at a better-than-Carolina's-(7-8-1)-record at 8-8, and if it weren't for the Chargers beating a KC team already resting starters in week 17, they would've. This year, Pitt's in and San Diego gets to suffer through the winter with 72 degrees and sunny weather for golfing.

Today, the coaches fall. :(