Pro football? AGAIN?!? Oh yeah!

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
... (because the Chargers were blacked-out by their owners when I was growing up)...
Blacked out by the owners or blacked out because they couldn't sell out home games so games weren't broadcast in the home market as per the NFL's blackout rules?

I expected more NFL coaching heads to have rolled today I am a bit disappointed in the body count.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
No excuses (but losing your team MVP the week before playoffs start is a legit issue), just a bad home loss for the Steelers. Can't get sacked, lose the turnover margin, have other players go out hurt, and give up big plays then expect to get a victory. :sad:

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Well, in the AFC, I guess I am supporting Indy; and in the NFC, it doesn't really matter, but I'll put my "yay" behind Seattle. Colts to win it all?
I'd rather see them win than New England, but I'll be rooting for Seattle, of course.

I always like to see new match-ups, so anything but Green Bay vs. New England would be a never before seen Super Bowl match-up.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I'd rather see them win than New England, but I'll be rooting for Seattle, of course.

I always like to see new match-ups, so anything but Green Bay vs. New England would be a never before seen Super Bowl match-up.
With a couple minutes left in regulation, it almost was GB v. NE.

As I said before, I guess I'm rooting for Seattle (read: against the Pats).

Can't wait for... next week's Pro Bowl. And all the players who go but decline to play. Plus interviews where everyone's bummed out (at least in the past, some could be congratulated on becoming champs and seemed happy).

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
After a game like yesterday's, even if Seattle loses the Super Bowl, they cannot feel too much like losers. What a comeback.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
The Patriots are being investigated for deflating their footballs during yesterday's game, one ball was taken off the field during play by a ref. Apparently, deflating makes the balls easier to throw and catch, especially in the rain. If caught cheating, it will take away their draft picks but not explain the blowout that was the Pats vs the Colts. At least the Colts got a pity TD.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
I texted somebody saying those fg's for the first 2 drives would come back to bite GB in the butt....granted I didn't think it would happen like that!
I feel for you. As a life long resident of the Pacific Northwest, I've experienced plenty of disappointment in following the sports teams here. Just two years ago, the thrill of a late TD to go ahead of Atlanta with 0:31 remaining was short lived as the Falcons came back with a game winning field goal. So, as the game progressed, I was prepared for the disappointment that appeared to be coming. However, having won it all last year, I didn't feel quite as bad about it this time. Also, the game was not completely out of reach, so there was still some hope. However, that last interception Wilson threw felt like that might be the final nail in the coffin. If it was, the Seahawks found a way to pound those nails back out and escape with a win. The only thing that went wrong after that pick was giving Green Bay too much time and letting it go to overtime.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Isn't there an end in sight for "deflated" puns and comments? Just accept that the Pats "cheat" all the time (I suspect at the start of training camp, Bill B. and his boys scour the rule book for ways to "be legal" but stretch the intent of the rules, then claim "I'm just trying to win ball games" of course). I now hope Seattle wins on some technicality call, while NE has the ball, that runs out the clock to end the game.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
I feel for you. As a life long resident of the Pacific Northwest, I've experienced plenty of disappointment in following the sports teams here. Just two years ago, the thrill of a late TD to go ahead of Atlanta with 0:31 remaining was short lived as the Falcons came back with a game winning field goal.
Although the Packers have been very successful over the last 20 years I'm old enough to remember plenty of terrible football. Growing up watching crappy 1980's Packer football there is always a voice in my head saying they will screw it up.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Yesterday, new HOF members were announced: former Steeler Jerome "The Transport" Bettis, Charles Haley, Tim Brown (was surprised it took that long, kind of like Cris Carter), and Junior Seau were the big names.

Oh, and NBC will have a game in between some expensive commercials this afternoon. I might catch some of it.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
All right, let's go non-Patriots! They're my favorite team, the anybody-but-the-Patriots.
So close to that happening.

I predicted that if NE lost, the "Deflate-gate" controversy would fade away. But now that they won, I expect the following punishments to occur, with the cheating found to be actual:
- Patriots DO keep their SB 49 win
- Belichick will be suspended for about 6-8 games next year
- team fined at least $250,000
- lose at least one 1st-round draft pick