Pro football? AGAIN?!? Oh yeah!

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Apparently the NFL isn't content with making the '16-'17 season bad enough on its own, so they had to add a Saturday game today to make it more unbearable.

The 2008 Detroit Lions won all their preseason games and then went on to put up a robust 0-16 record! Mazel tav!
Exactly, they went 16 losses, while the Browns have 17 losses in the pre-and-normal season, just that the Lions went 4-20 including the preseason while the Browns have yet to finish their season so they're 0-13 right now. They're gonna Browns even this tho and win one, to make them even more pathetic.

I didn't realize they went 3-16 last year, why are the Browns still an NFL team? This franchise was already put down once, don't make them suffer more.

Seattle's uniform's were areful.
Oh god, their stupid Color Rush uniforms are eye poison. Since last season the NFL put up red and green color rush uniforms in a game which left 10% of the audience confused since they're colorblind thus it was just all men in gray to them, this season it's off-green... very off.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
Oh god, their stupid Color Rush uniforms are eye poison. Since last season the NFL put up red and green color rush uniforms in a game which left 10% of the audience confused since they're colorblind thus it was just all men in gray to them, this season it's off-green... very off.
Please baby Jesus make it stop, its all I want for Christmas.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
The Cleveland Browns, a local UPS affiliate, accidentally made their way onto the Buffalo Bills field today and the two unlikely groups decided to have a scrimmage in front of the few fans sleeping in the stadium. Surprisingly, the Ohio UPS drivers showed real spirit against the AFC East's third-ranked football team, scoring 3 points in the first and 10 points in the third quarter, but are currently being shown how professionals actually play the game by the Bills, who have scored a TD in every quarter and are now up 30-13. Ironically, the Cleveland Browns UPS drivers affiliation are named after the city's former NFL team, who were moved to Baltimore 20 years ago.

Please baby Jesus make it stop, its all I want for Christmas.
As long as Roger Goodhell has anything to say about it, you'll just have to suffer.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
"Pro" football ends with 13-33 Bills, the Browns gave up 9 points in the 4th. Cleveland is now 0-14 plus 4 pre-season losses. It's amazing. It's like watching a train-wreck in episodic form. I care more about the Browns losing than my hometown Rams winning. I think we're going to have to petition the league to convert the Browns into the Washington Generals of the NFL - not an actual team, but similar enough to let the winners look like they won.

ps - the Rams lost on Thursday and the coach got fired. Enjoy the 21-point drubbing you gave the Rams, Seattle.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Thanks to the Giants for beating Detroit and helping Seattle back into the #2 NFC playoff spot. Now the Seahawks only have to beat the Cardinals and 49ers to guarantee that spot. Might not even need both wins given the Lions schedule, though Atlanta or Tampa Bay are still close behind, so they will probably need at least one win.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Steelers/Bengals games have now turned into some of the dirtiest NFL play. :( Most of it is from Cincy's players, but even the Steelers have been guilty. Still, their win today means they have two home games left, and if they beat Baltimore next week, I believe they clinch the North division.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Did not look closely at the NFL schedule to realize the majority of games were yesterday the 24th (makes sense now, though)... except Steelers/Ravens this afternoon for all the division marbles and some other game(s) that probably have maybe lalala whatevs...

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Did not look closely at the NFL schedule to realize the majority of games were yesterday the 24th (makes sense now, though)... except Steelers/Ravens this afternoon for all the division marbles and some other game(s) that probably have maybe lalala whatevs...
Yep, this is one of those odd years. It also means no college bowl games on New Year's Day.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The Cleveland Browns, a local UPS affiliate, accidentally made their way onto the Buffalo Bills field today and the two unlikely groups decided to have a scrimmage in front of the few fans sleeping in the stadium. Surprisingly, the Ohio UPS drivers showed real spirit against the AFC East's third-ranked football team, scoring 3 points in the first and 10 points in the third quarter, but are currently being shown how professionals actually play the game by the Bills, who have scored a TD in every quarter and are now up 30-13. Ironically, the Cleveland Browns UPS drivers affiliation are named after the city's former NFL team, who were moved to Baltimore 20 years ago.
Gifts delivered on Christmas Eve via that company had 20-17 written all over them.

[edit] And thanks to excellent field awareness by WR Antonio Brown at the goal line tonight, Pittsburgh's goin' to the playoffs as the AFC North winner! Only nickname I can think of for that play is "the Reachin' for the Season." But that's not too creative, nor good.

Last edited:

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
The Browns ruined their perfect streak by beating San Diego, making the Browns merely normal pathetic again and not worth watching.

The Raiders were looking to make a run for the Super Bowl but lost their QB to a broken leg, so it's looking bad.

The Rams continue to stink.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Steelers looked good (despite some boneheaded INTs and questionable hits on D) on offense and defense. Let's hope that continues in Kansas City next week. Loved seeing all the snow throughout the city as the blimp showed downtown Pittsburgh (and me not being IN said snow).

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Once again, I am looking at the possible Super Bowl matchups to see which ones have occurred before and which ones have not.

At the start of the playoffs, only 9 of the possible 36 matchups had occurred before:

Dallas vs. Miami
Dallas vs. Pittsburgh
Green Bay vs. Kansas City
Green Bay vs. New England
Green Bay vs. Oakland
Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh
New England vs. New York Giants
New England vs. Seattle
Pittsburgh vs. Seattle

Three of those possibilities have been removed, so now only 6 of the 16 possible matchups have occurred before.

Detroit and Houston have never been to the Super Bowl. Houston is still alive, but have a tough road to get there. If they make it, they will be the first team to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium. The Rams sort of had a home game in Super Bowl XIV, but the Rose Bowl was not their stadium. San Francisco was close to home in Super Bowl XIX at Stanford.

Atlanta has been to a Super Bowl, but did not win. The Super Bowl records of the teams that made the playoffs:

Green Bay Packers 4-1
New York Giants 4-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 6-2
Dallas Cowboys 5-3
Oakland/L.A. Raiders 3-2
New England Patriots 4-4
Kansas City Chiefs 1-1
Miami Dolphins 2-3
Seattle Seahawks 1-2
Atlanta Falcons 0-1
Detroit Lions 0-0
Houston Texans 0-0

Info from NFL Record & Fact Book, which appears to be only available as a PDF the last couple years. I found it kind of hidden on the NFL website.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
There may be a 16-win team in LA someday... if you add the two together. I'd go see a Steelers game at StubHub Center, if they played them there.
Won't be this year: Home games (8): Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns

Looks like it won't be until 2020 from what I can tell but I don't know if that'll be home or away.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
If Green Bay makes the Super Bowl, it will be a rematch. If Atlanta makes it, it will be a Super Bowl matchup we haven't seen before. I was kind of hoping for KC vs Green Bay for a rematch of Super Bowl I fifty years later. I suppose I will pull for Atlanta. They have never won one, they have my high school colors, and my niece just moved to Georgia after Christmas.