Quick question about the Beatles

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Okay, the reason for this thread is that I've never found two people who can agree on what the Beatles' best work was.

So--and don't mull this over; just answer with the first thing to come to mind!--what do you think was the one greatest album and one greatest song by the Beatles?

Album: Abbey Road

Song: Eleanor Rigby

Slicker

Jedi Commander
May 18, 2004
Planet Karpton
www.myspace.com
Awesome thread idea, Chux. Especially since I've been listening to them damn near non-stop lately.

Album: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Song: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

The song was the toughest part. I wanted to put Strawberry Fields, I am the Walrus, or a Day in the Life.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
The song was the toughest part. I wanted to put Strawberry Fields, I am the Walrus, or a Day in the Life.
No kidding. If I'd posted it just a few minutes later, the answer could've been Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Rocky Raccoon, I Saw Her Standing There, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, I Am the Walrus, heck, any of about thirty other songs. ;)

Blue2th

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 10, 2005
Albaquirky
Though every album of theirs is good to me, my band currently does six of their tunes: "Something", "Run for your life", "Ballad of John and Yoko", "Norwegian Wood", "Michelle", "Things we said today". There's alot of Rubber Soul in there, but my personal favorite is Abbey Road. Favorite Song is "I want you" This album is their peak musically. The later stuff the songs are alot harder to play also because well, they were better musicians as they got older. This is just my (a guitarist's) point of view.

Droid

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 21, 2003
Album: Revolver
Song: If I Fell (my favorite, not necessarily their most masterful which would likely be A Day in the Life)

2-1B

Jedi Knight
Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
Can we turn it around for a minute and say what we think the worst Beatles song is ?

I suggest Yellow Submarine, man do I ever hate that f***ing song.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Oh come on. Worst has to be "Revolution 9." Eight minutes of noise and John (?) chanting "Numbah nine, numbah nine." :eek: