Quick question about the Beatles

Droid

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 21, 2003
Best Cover: A Little Help from My Friends as performed by Joe Cocker and played as the opening theme to the Wonder Years (the full version is a bit long though)

Worst Cover: Anything from the movie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band though Donald Pleasance singing I Want You may take the cake. If you aren't aware of this fiasco check the web. The Bee Gees and various celebrities perform the Beatles' hits! How did it fail?

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Droid said:
Worst Cover: Anything from the movie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band though Donald Pleasance singing I Want You may take the cake. If you aren't aware of this fiasco check the web. The Bee Gees and various celebrities perform the Beatles' hits! How did it fail?
Ugh. I started watching some of this crap the other day just to see how bad it was, and I barely got ten minutes in. They had to freakin' take every single reference in that album (and others, too) and put it in the movie. Mr. Kite, Strawberry Fields (a person???), Billy Shears, and everything else. I had to just turn it right off when the Bee Gees appeared, I mean, come on now.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Everything from that movie isn't bad. Aerosmith's "Come Together" was quite good. However, I will grant you that it's my least favorite Aerosmith cover of a Beatles tune. :)

Who aside from Caesar can be the first to name the others without cheating?

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Since we're in a Beatles thread . . . has anyone picked up the Love album yet? I'm looking forward to getting this sometime soon, as it seems like it would be amazing (and from what I've heard, it is).

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I picked it up. It's not bad, but for the most part nothing truly spectacular. There are a few songs (Strawberry Fields Forever, Because, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps) that make it worth picking up if you're a fan. If you're not, I'd stick with the original recordings.

Jayspawn

Jedi Commander
Aug 16, 2001
Aurora, CO
www.mrcollectors.com
What exactly is on the Love album? All I know about it is that it has something to do with the show performed Circus De Solei.
Love is a remix of songs and sounds all previously done by the Beatles. It was arranged by George and Giles Martin, George who did the orginal Beatles music. And its set to Circus De Soleis' dancing, spinning, flipping, etc. Some of the tracks are close to the original recordings, most of them are a mixture of music of some songs and the words of another. Its a good listen.