Rebels Darth Maul vs. Seventh Sister 2-pack

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Finally spotted one of these at Target yesterday and picked it up. There's actually more to it than I was expecting, the Seventh Sister gets a parrot droid that plugs into her back and can also plug onto its tiny legs, the whole affair is dinky and likely to get lost, but very neat. She also comes with her face mask which looks pretty good, and her saber. Her arms are all rubbery plastic because they're so small. Her face has really fine paint details, the rest of her outfit has simple paint but decent.

Maul looks good, fits well with the Rebels style. He comes with a removable rubbery hood, his unusual double-blade saber with the hook, and the silly giant missile-firing backpack accessory. His paint is decent, although not as outstanding as it could be.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I've seen this, and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, the only post-TPM Maul I want is a bisected skeleton, so I passed. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
The figures in this set look very nice, but the Seventh Sister unfortunately can't stand (and doesn't have foot holes) and can barely hold onto her oversized lightsaber with her tiny hands.

Maul is great, but can't stand with the giant rocket backpack. The other figures in the line don't have this problem since the weight of the accessory is distributed more evenly.

Some of the new two-pack figures were made in Vietnam instead of China, which I believe is a first for Hasbro SW. Maybe this will lead to a few kinks like these while Hasbro works things out.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Aw crap, I didn't even think to look for foot holes on her, that stinks. I got mine to stand, although delicately. The hand to lightsaber thing is what it is, I suggest you wedge it against her wrist to stay put.

Maul's backpack slides down partway to lower the center of gravity to help him stand with it, but it's so side-heavy that it doesn't help. AND it's so stupidly large that I don't want him wearing it.

Vietnam is where Hasbro moved all their Transformers production last year, and since then the number of paint ops has decreased while the sculpt sharpness has softened.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I was able to find this on Amazon and picked it up from there. Liked it more than I expected - it's 5POA after all, so the bar was very low. Now if I could only find the Fifth Brother (or whatever his number is), I would have all the show's Inquisitors.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Yeah, that's his name, Fifth Brother. I still haven't found the figure, but he isn't my cup of tea in terms of character designs so I'm not breaking my back to track him down :p

Did yours come with the parrot droid in 2 pieces? Mine came that way, to show how it plugs into the legs or into 7th Sister's back, but apparently JabbaJohn's didn't come that way and he didn't know it came apart.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Mine was also in one piece and I did not realize it came apart. I'm not big on the Rebels figures, but I love the show so much that I wanted to get at least one iteration of each of the significant characters - yes, I'm a sucker for plastic, this I know.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Did yours come with the parrot droid in 2 pieces? Mine came that way, to show how it plugs into the legs or into 7th Sister's back, but apparently JabbaJohn's didn't come that way and he didn't know it came apart.

I confirmed this on mine, so it does indeed attach to her back once the legs are separated. That's much cooler than a random hole on her back. :p

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Mine was also in one piece and I did not realize it came apart.
Weird, I guess it's a running change and one that's quite necessary.
I'm not big on the Rebels figures, but I love the show so much that I wanted to get at least one iteration of each of the significant characters - yes, I'm a sucker for plastic, this I know.
I've seen your collection and your classrooms, there's no question on that. :D

I confirmed this on mine, so it does indeed attach to her back once the legs are separated. That's much cooler than a random hole on her back. :p
Her species is... very different. ;)