RIP....The Official Dead Thread

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Former NFL coach Chuck Knox, at 86.
Actress Margot Kidder, at 69.
I was just going to post about Chuck Knox. Guess I wasn’t getting notifications for this thread. Knox coached the Seahawks to their first playoff appearance. I was excited when he was hired because I remembered him as the coach of the Rams when they were one of the best teams of the 70’s, and he helped turn around things in Buffalo.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Read yesterday that Dean Stefan, a writer for the early 2000s reboot of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series, passed.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
NFL player Dwight Clark, at 61. I didn't recall he was diagnosed with ALS last year.

Another pro player: oldest MLB HOF Red Schoendienst at 95.
And the last remaining Wizard of Oz munchkin, Jerry Maren at 98.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I didn't want to just keep being the only one here, so I've been editing/adding to my last post. But, Jackson family father Joe Jackson, at 89.

Sci-fi writer Harlan Ellison, at 84.

Last edited:

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Comic creator Steve Ditko, at 90 (apparently, his date of death was about a week ago, but he wasn't found until days later :( ), and former NBA player Clifford Rozier at 45.
Was just about to post about Dikto. I didn't know he'd never married and lived alone until the end. Sad.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I was shocked to hear that. But in some ways, maybe he'll be a peace now. Who will be the MCU cameo now?

[edit] Is musician Roy Clark going to be #2 of the 3?

[edit, deux] Maybe NASCAR racer David Pearson, at 83, or actress Katherine MacGregor at 93?

Last edited: