RIP....The Official Dead Thread

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Singer James Ingram, at 66.

[edit: 2/8/19] Two more: MLB HOFer Frank Robinson at 83, and actor Albert Finney at 82.

[edit: 2/20/19] Former Dodger pitcher Don Newcome at 92, and consumer advocate David Horowitz at 81.

Last edited:

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
When I was a kid back in the 70’s, they showed the Monkees reruns on TV after I got home from school. I remember a friend telling me that he had heard that Peter had committed suicide. Not sure where that rumor came from, but he was definitely alive and well for another 40 years.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
When I was a kid back in the 70’s, they showed the Monkees reruns on TV after I got home from school.
I was just thinking about those 5pm Mon.-Fri. shows (it was on channel 13 here) that would run reruns (I knew of them first here, so that term wasn't what I used) like '60s Batman, What's Happening!, Star Trek, Sanford and Son, BJ and the Bear, etc. I watched The Monkees then too, but never really found them funny.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Luke Perry, star of Beverly Hills 90210 and Fred Andrews on Riverdale, has passed away of a stroke at the age of 52.

Keith Flint, frontman for Prodigy, the group with songs like Firestarter, passed away at age 49.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I'm still shocked he was only 61.

He got his start because a wrestling promoter called his number by mistake, and they had a conversation. That's pretty amazing. His stage name was the inspiration for the main characters on Married With Children (with their neighbors being inspired by fellow wrassler Dusty Rhodes).

Reactions: Maradona