RIP....The Official Dead Thread

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Harlem Globetrotter Curly Neal, at 77 (you'd recognize him from his bald head).
That’s the era of the Harlem Globetrotters that I remember. Curly, Meadowlark Lemon, and Geese Ausbie are the names I remember from seeing them on ABC’s Wide World of Sports back in the 70’s. We even had a Harlem Globetrotters board game with the cartoon versions of them on the board.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I don't know if this is appropriate, but lately we all know why so many notable people would be listed here... :cry:
Musicians:
- Bill Withers (81), Ellis Marsalis (85), Adam Schlesinger (52), Buckey Pizzarelli (94), Joe Diffie (61)
Performers:
- Andrew Jack (76), Ken Shimura (70)

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
WWF/E Hall of Fame announcer Howard Finkel, 69. His voice is iconic. I can still vividly hear his voice after the classic "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat match at Wrestlemania III "...and NEEEEEWWWWWW Intercontinental Champion."

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Cinematographer Allen Daviau, 77, whose name you might not know but he shot Spielberg's Amblin, E.T., Temple of Doom, The Color Purple, and Empire of the Sun, and for other directors, Spielberg's and Joe Dantes' segments in Twilight Zone: The Movie, Harry and the Hendersons, The Falcon and the Snowman, Defending Your Life, Bugsy, Congo, Van Helsing, and a few more.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Hector Garrido, 93, artist for various book covers but probably most known to the action figure community for his artwork on GI Joe:A Real American Hero packaging in the 1980s.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I did not even realize that the wife of my namesake, Joseph Campbell, was still living. Jean Erdman, a world-famous dancer and choreographer, passed away yesterday (as the Campbell Foundation mentioned, on SW Day) at 104.

Reactions: Maradona

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
Hugely influential Kraftwerk co-founder Florian Schneider, 73.
I just came here to mention that. I’ve enjoyed their music for a long time. I was just looking them up tonight when I came across the news. There is a thing going around on Facebook where people are sharing the albums that influenced their musical taste, and I as going to post Radioactivity. Not my favorite Kraftwerk album, but I recall hearing “Antenna” and it was like nothing I had heard before.

Reactions: Maradona