Rogue One poster revealed

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
It's unexpected, but I like it - surprisingly so, since I'm not a sunny type of guy. And, it must be said, despite the sunlight, "that's no moon."

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I feel bad for folks new to the franchise seeing this poster. My mechanic was brought into the Star Wars fandom by his little daughter before TFA came out, and he's pretty green, thought Rogue One was going to be sequel to TFA (this is Disney's fault for insisting on removing the "episode" numbers from the titles of the new main movies), I'm not sure he'll get that this scene won't be in the film. This poster is focusing on deeply-established fans, I think.

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
I'm hoping that this is not a literal representation of a scene in the movie, because it's really bothering me that the Death Star is so large in the sky there. There doesn't seem to be any astronomical way that would be possible, unless the Death Star is hundreds of times larger than that planet.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I'm hoping that this is not a literal representation of a scene in the movie, because it's really bothering me that the Death Star is so large in the sky there. There doesn't seem to be any astronomical way that would be possible, unless the Death Star is hundreds of times larger than that planet.
I'm sure it's poetic license, the station is being shown having its superlaser installed in the trailer. It's more of a "looming" threat to the galaxy than a literal threat to Palm Tree Planet. That would be awful if that wasn't the case and your concern was correct.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
There are a few perspective issues there - check out that enormous stormtrooper!! - but I'm also guessing the giant Death Star is just a design element.

I saw this in a theater a week or two ago, and it looks nice in person. It's an interesting departure from the Struzan-style episode layouts.