SF Bay Area Just Found

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Not sure if there are enough people around for this board to work but the Colma Target has quite a few of the exclusive CW battle packs and still has a good number of the Geonosis Arena 2-packs. They also have like a million and one of the exclusive TIEs.

And if this thread doesn't get any hits after a few days, an administrator is more than welcome to take it down.

nohagent

Jedi Initiate
Apr 29, 2002
California
Visit site
Hey darkjedi,

just sent you a PM, wow, are there only two of us in the SFBAY area? Hopefully we can get more on board. I know I am a good source for my 30 mile radius, I end up all over the east bay. Its either a tractor beam or an addiction that sucks me into all these stores. Hope I dont have and addiction.....:ninja:

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Haha, I know the feeling. I go to stores, knowing they probably haven't got anything just to see... cause maybe... ya never know... and then, nope, still nothing. Hopefully we'll find some more folks to flesh out this thread.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
I may be the only one who still checks this thread, but has anyone spotted the ESB wave around? I saw the left overs (Willrow Hood and Bespin Guard) at Target in San Mateo last weekend but that was it. I've also been seeing the GH vehicle sets there too (CW Y-Wing, AOTC Slave I and the Invisible Hand set).

nohagent

Jedi Initiate
Apr 29, 2002
California
Visit site
I saw the exactly the same in the Hayward Target over the weekend and nothing else. I am trying to find the new CW figures as now my focus is now more on what my son likes to play with.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Looked today for the WM exclusive comic packs and struck out at Mountain View WM. I may head across the bay next week to check WMs in Oakland and Dublin, will post again if I find anything....

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Found the WM exclusives today, there was fresh case at WM in San Leandro on Hesperian (minus the IG97 set I snagged). I also checked Hagenburger WM (nothing) and the other San Leandro WM (took the last two General Weir sets) as well.

Also, saw an Octuptarra Droid on sale for $20 at Hegenburger hidden away on one of the clearance end caps.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Despite having heard that the TFU packs have hit in some places, San Mateo TRU is not one of them. No EU wave yet either. Though, Target in the same shopping center had a million and one Red 2 X-Wings marked down $10 (so from $40 to $30) in case anyone around here missed it or wanted another one.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
In the unlikely event that anyone posts/reads in this thread other than me I wanted to let people know that I found the CW Rise of Boba Fett set at the Hepserian Toys R Us in Hayward.

bkusna

Jedi Initiate
Jul 17, 2010
OKLAHOMA
In the unlikely event that anyone posts/reads in this thread other than me I wanted to let people know that I found the CW Rise of Boba Fett set at the Hepserian Toys R Us in Hayward.
nice find....can you help me locate one in Oklahoma? there, now someone has posted on this thread other than you:yes:

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
They said they had one on the floor and 9 up stairs. I grabbed the one on the floor and it was the only one I saw but I assume they had more. The Walmart down the street has probably reset their SW stuff (I was in there the same day and they had started to put some of it out) and the TRU did have quite a bit of the stuff in the Shadow of the Darkside and Vintage packaging.

nohagent

Jedi Initiate
Apr 29, 2002
California
Visit site
Darkjedi

Yeah, I hit the Hesperian TRU this morning about 9:15. They had two of the Rise sets on the floor. First one I picked up had all the tape seals broken and the second, well, one of the three tapes looked tampered with. Was hesitant but I picked it up for the 109.99. THanks for the tip. Have you seen the Walmart Jabba anywhere? Anything you are looking for?

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Darkjedi

Yeah, I hit the Hesperian TRU this morning about 9:15. They had two of the Rise sets on the floor. First one I picked up had all the tape seals broken and the second, well, one of the three tapes looked tampered with. Was hesitant but I picked it up for the 109.99. THanks for the tip. Have you seen the Walmart Jabba anywhere? Anything you are looking for?
The Walmart Jabba is ALL I'm looking for at the moment. I had a lead on 2 at the Hesperian Walmart and was calling every day to see if they had finally put them out on the shelves and then read one afternoon that after I'd called and been told they weren't gonna be put out that some RS reader went and bought both of them. Between you and me there's a Walmart out in Livermore that's expecting a few still and I call them everyday hoping that they'll tell me when they get them in.... I've called all the other Walmarts within a reasonable driving distance of me and no one else has any in stock or on order. Some don't even have the UPC number in their computers!

If you want I can buy a Jabba for you if I see two or just let you know where/when I find one.

nohagent

Jedi Initiate
Apr 29, 2002
California
Visit site
Darkjedi,

Sounds good to me. If I spot em I will do the same. Feel free to let me know if you are ever looking for something. The truth is I don't really collect anymore for myself unless it is something spectacular. However I do go out of my way to find these items for my kid. Of course I make sure he earns these "prizes" and it gives me a little excuse to play too. I took him to Celebration 5, did you get to go?

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Darkjedi,

Sounds good to me. If I spot em I will do the same. Feel free to let me know if you are ever looking for something. The truth is I don't really collect anymore for myself unless it is something spectacular. However I do go out of my way to find these items for my kid. Of course I make sure he earns these "prizes" and it gives me a little excuse to play too. I took him to Celebration 5, did you get to go?
No, I've actually never made it to one of the live conventions (Comic Con or a Celebration). Still kicking myself cause I was in LA the same weekend as CIV but I hadn't thought about getting tickets early enough ahead of time and of course it was sold out. Should still get down to a Comic Con one of these years, it's not like it's across the country or anything.

Thanks for the offer on Jabba, I really appreciate it! Not sure what you're looking for right now but I've got a Jodo Kast Kmart exclusive figure that I bought an extra of which you can have at cost.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Hi Folks,

New forum member. Good to see other SF Bay Area collectors on this board.
I usually search in the East Bay. If folks are looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll be happy to give a heads up if I find it or will snag one or two lower cost items such as figures if that is on your list.

Good hunting and feel free to PM me.

JD

RooJay

Jedi Apprentice
Apr 5, 2002
Vallejo, CA
Visit site
So there are what - three, four of us from the SF Bay area? Maybe all those other guys I always run into when I'm out hunting just aren't Star Wars fans?