SF Bay Area Just Found

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
It's been quiet because there hasn't been much to find! I went by my local Target and found the pegs jammed with Wooofs, Endor troopers, Sandtroopers, E3 Clones, 4-LOMs, and a few Dengars. But it's not like these figures are gonna go anywhere marked at $10.97! I just ordered what I wanted from HTS (with the exception of the Senate Guards which were sold out) and because they're $8.99 I'm still saving money, even with shipping. Oh, and if you go that route, don't forget the DISC10 code for 10% off.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Thanks for the heads up about the discount code Dark'. Too bad, they don't have free shipping. Not enough of the newer figures that I want to justify $6.98 in base S&H. And, yeah, Target needs to get real when it comes to their prices on Vintage. Walmart is much better at just under $8. I have a feeling we will be seeing more of the newer waves in the next week or two since more folks are spotting these in the larger Bay Area.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Kmart - $50 AT-AT sale!

Not sure if this has been posted, but San Leandro Kmart has the AT-AT for $50 again. 6 there when I stopped by this morning.

JD

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Drought beginning to end?

Spotted two of the CW 2 packs at the Target off of Whipple this past weekend.
Clone and undead Geonosian and the Clone and Droid. $15.99 each.
Multiples of each.

Still no AOTC vintage packs....grrrrrr...

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
I was hoping that Target's 2 for $10 sale would open up some space for new stuff but since Vintage isn't included I don't think it will have any effect there....

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Saw $50 clearance AT-AT's at Walmart in San Leandro today. What was odd was seeing that the Tie Bombers are still priced at a "clearance" price of $38...huh???
Decided to pull a DarkJedi5 and ordered my AOTC figs from HTS. However, I was able to get a Senate Guard :). But, no Jedi Turbo Speeder. :-( With $4/gallon gas and 10% discount code, I was more than willing to pay the S&H.
Other than that, nothing new to report...

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Found the Senate Guard wave at TRU in Dublin.
Picked up Senate Guard, Weequay, Lando, and Fi-Ek.
I left behind the clone trooper and stormtrooper - not sure if both are in that wave or not. These guys are staying in their boxes since I expect to see a number of these figures for cheaper at a later date. But, I'm glad that I got them. Hopefully, this means that more figures will be available at other outlets. Good luck folks!

JD

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Found the new Obi vintage figure at the New Park Mall TRU. Not much else. Anyone see anything new?

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Haven't seen anything new since when wave 3 hit right before the holidays. Hopefully stuff will start to show up, though Target in San Ramon not only has only old figures, but also only has a handful. It's really disappointing.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Found an El-Les at Walmart in Dublin - but that was it. He was stashed in an end cap by the fitness equipment.

Also, found a single Jedi Turbo Speeder at Dublin TRU. No other new figs at any of the stores in the area.

One interesting note - El-Les rang up for $6.50. Seems to confirm reports of drop in price on CW figs by Walmart.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Found Vintage Wave 4 at the San Leandro Walmart. They had single copies of all of the figure except for Anakin. Looks like they also had a few of the Vintage Wave 6 figures. No Lando or Luke. I picked up the Senate Guard and AT-RT driver.

If anyone finds the new Clone Wars wave in the East Bay, please post. If you find extra's from this wave, I would be very happy to trade one or more of my extra's of the recent Vintage waves for the new Clone Wars figures - we would have to work out the difference in pricing though since the Vintage figures are more expensive.
Thanks!

JD

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Heads up Bay Area SW collectors!

I found two tie bombers at Walmart in San Leandro for $15! These are the same ones that have been on "clearance" for $38.95 since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, these were the last two and I picked one up for myself and a buddy. However, it might be worth your while to check out your local Walmart to see if they have also dropped the red tag prices as well.

Also, Target in SL had one Droid Gunship. I was lucky enough to get one in Xmas from HTS, so I left that behind.
Good luck!

JD

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Hit the Hegenberger Walmart in Oakland today and found the better part of wave 6. I left the Dagobah Luke and the Fi-ek what'shisname. They also had quite a few of the ARC trooper Colt and the Riot gear clonetrooper. Also of note is the fact that these were all on sale! $8 or so for Vintage and it looked like $5 for SL and CW.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
DarkJ' thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for new CW for the last 2 weeks....ugh... Won't be able to get out there until next week. Hopefully, this means that they will be shipping to other Walmarts in the area. Earlier today, I was hunting in the opposite direction, South 880 Fremont/Union City and they didn't have any new CW. Plenty of Wave 6 Vintage though at the UC Walmart and TRU.

If someone comes across extras of these, please stash 'em and send me a PM if possible. Thanks in advance!

JD

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
TRU in Dublin had an Aquadroid, but no other figures from the new CW set. Anyone else come across new CW figures in the last week?

nohagent

Jedi Initiate
Apr 29, 2002
California
Visit site
Ok Guys, San Ramon Target today and found basic clone wars at $9.89 and vintage $10.79. Are they serious!! May as well just purchase on ebay now.....if you have the funds............

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Ok Guys, San Ramon Target today and found basic clone wars at $9.89 and vintage $10.79. Are they serious!! May as well just purchase on ebay now.....if you have the funds............
The saddest part is they haven't gotten anything new since before the holidays! Sure I might help clean out some of those troopers they seem to be stock piling but not at $11 a shot. Same goes for most of the Targets in Contra Costa.

Jon Dougha

Force Sensitive
Sep 17, 2010
Nohagent, the San Ramon Target has always seemed to be more expensive than other Targets.
I asked a customer service person about this once and the employee said that they base their prices on the area. My guess is since they don't have much competition for at least 2 or 3 freeway exits, they figure they can jack up their prices.

And, yes, HTS seems to be a better option if you can catch them when they are stocked.