Should Hawaiian shirts be worn on Scariff?

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
One problem I had with the movie was that no officers were wearing Hawaiian shirts. It was a beautiful planet like the Caribbean and looked like it was filmed in Belize. You would think that would be a cushy assignment if you were an imperial station there. When the rebel terrorist attack started as a diversion director krennic got mad because everybody was just standing there. It would have been a great shot if they cut to the officers he was screaming at and they were all wearing Hawaiian shirt and sipping pina coladas. I would like this change to be made for the special edition.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Also, Baze looks like he could be ethically Hawaiian. It would be great if he had a pedal bicycle drink cart and his Cannon or hidden inside of it. Instead of waiting in ambush he could have planted the detonators while he pedaled around and serve drinks and fresh beach towels to the scariff Troopers.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Well, in seeing the costumes on display at the El Capitan Theater, the Shoretroopers don't have thigh armor, just cloth. That's relaxing when you're strolling down the beach on patrol.

And in the novelization, Krennic laments how Scariff has turned into a "pleasure planet" where officers go to relax instead of remaining vigilant and focused.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
No.

In the Star Wars universe, flowered shirts are called "Scarif Shirts," because they don't know what Hawaii is.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Or, maybe they should put "random" apostrophes in the word, like Hawai'i or something. Ta dah; problem solved!

"If you like juri juice cocktails,
Gettin' caught in the rain.
For the princess, this time,
There will be no escape."

Apr 28, 2013
If we're going with Hawaiian shirts, don't forget the fruity drinks with little umbrellas.

In the RO novel, Scarif is described as one of those easy postings for Imps, where they can relax (or become laxed in security), or if they're close to retirement can go out easy.