Simpsons

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
He didn't get a raise or anything beyond what they initially offered him, he's still around $300k per episode like the rest of the starring cast, a 60% decrease from their checks 4 years ago.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
I disliked this episode, who was it for? There wasn't much of a Simpsons storyline here, and then to end it jerking the audience around left and right and left again felt totaly dishonest. There was a lot of the post-season-9 writing, like they changed producers yet again. This was the first time I felt like it was ok to finally stop watching the series, I'll give it a couple more watches to be sure but I don't see myself making it to the season finale if this episode is an indication of where it's going.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
So, was last night's a Treehouse of Horror? Or was Homer's line about "next week" true?
Last night's episode, titled "Halloween of Horror", was considered The Simpsons first Halloween episode to be set in regular show continuity (in other words, not a "Treehouse of Horror" episode). With that said, Homer's line about next week's episode is indeed true, we're getting a new "Treehouse" episode. Only thing untrue were the "Treehouse" short story plots that Homer outlined to Flanders during this episode.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
I enjoyed the latest Treehouse of Horror, particularly Bob as an English professor. I also watched last week's Halloween episode and thought it was fun. Haven't seen any other episodes of this season yet and I may not. I think I only watch a few episodes a year.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
Instead of a couch gag, we got a bizarre mini-movie about the dog being given too much food and dying.

Instead of an episode, we got another screechy, shallow Lisa episode.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
This one was all over the map: a "timely" Star Trek couch gag, Lisa's sax skills sending her (via an aging Broadway star) to a show, Moe unsuccessfully pines after said star, surprise that Homer's a bad gambler and Wiggum's a bad cop, and while it was self-depreciating the best part was the Inside Out characters in Homer's head.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I liked the Lisa/inventor storyline episode I finally got around to watching (Bart as sociopath; not as much).

Since I have not seen Boyhood, I'm sure I missed some inside comments in "Barthood." Overall, it was just like most of the future life plots have been.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
I have 1 on my DVR, which *never* happens, I normally watch them within 3 days. I think having 2 Lisa episodes back to back is the problem, I don't even want to try it.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I want to like Lisa-centric episodes, I really do. This one where "Margery" tells Homer she doesn't like jazz, and Lisa overhears; with the secondary story of Bart and Maggie with pranks... I can't say I really liked it. :(

Top Bottom