Simpsons

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
This recent Treehouse of Horror (it's # XXVIII, IIRC) was gross; I found it uncomfortable to watch at times. That might be a good thing, though. Maggie gets another male to voice her. I liked the Claymation-type parts.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Just saw this year's ToH on demand and was disappointed by it. These episodes are often the highlight of the season for me and while this was the first episode I sat through this year, I doubt its quality will be too difficult to surpass.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
I liked this year's Treehouse episode. Not the best Treehouse they've ever done or even the best episode they've done this season (I'd put this year's "Game of Thrones" season premiere parody just slightly higher), but at least the stories actually felt like they were appropriate for a Halloween episode this year.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Almost a year since anybody's here has watched the show, eh? Treehouse XXIX wasn't as gross-out as previous ones, but more timely (the Mapple founder mentioned events from the past month or so).

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
Almost a year since anybody's here has watched the show, eh?
I've been watching it. Just haven't had much of anything worthwhile to really say about it. Its just kind of there. Liked last week's opening that crossed over into the opening from Bob's Burgers. I also don't recall seeing Kang or Kodos in Treehouse XXIX. Heard that Treehouse XXX will officially air as episode #666 in the overall episode count next season.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I gave up on it when they fired Alf Clausen.
But they list him as "Musician Emeritus" or something. How can that be disrespectful, when... oh yeah, right.

I forgot what the last episode was about, and last week's was preempted by a sport being played by players. Hmm.

[edit] I liked the Moe's mail-order bride one (although, this one seemed shorter in length), as well as the CAR-GO autonomous car company one. I smiled a lot, didn't laugh aloud too much (rarely do with any TV anymore, though), watched for details frequently. Both were the social commentary subjects I've liked over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: JediTricks

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I have seen 3 new episodes lately (THOH XXX, total episode #666 [unless FOX pre-empts us] seemed a bit of a re-hash... Maggie's evil, Homer goes to heaven but has to return in the body of a QB). The trash-talking "nobody disrespects Homer Simpsons" one with interns at the power plant, voiced by Michael Rappaport, was okay. Cannot recall the third show (never a good sign... was it a Wiggum-centric story?).