So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

jjreason

Jedi Apprentice
So I headed in for new books this week, and was disturbed to see the "No new books, Check back tomorrow" sign up again this week. That's 2 weeks in a row, for those keeping score. I didn't buy comics last week, so today wound up being a little tidy-up trip. Here's what I came home with:

Emma Frost - issues 3 and 4 (still missing a #2)
Powers 35
Supreme Power 4
Wolverine 7
Wolverine: The End 1

And that's it. Can't wait to read Supreme Power, it rocks. Stupid me forgot to get the 2nd issue of Thanos, so that will have to wait. Better not sell out.

Dr Zoltar

Jedi Initiate
Nov 4, 2002
Puyallup, WA
Visit site
Does anyone know when issue 3 of the Spideman/Black Cat mini-series is due out? Seems like I've been waiting months for it. Much like what happened to Planetary...

gsr-jedi

Jedi Initiate
Dr Zoltar said:
Does anyone know when issue 3 of the Spideman/Black Cat mini-series is due out? Seems like I've been waiting months for it. Much like what happened to Planetary...
Issue 3 is out; the issue that we're waiting for is #4. I have no idea when that comes out.

Thundercats: HammerHand's Revenge #2
1602 #4
G.I. Joe #23
Hulk #63
Fables #19
Invincible #6
Teen Titans #5
Ultimate X-Men #39
Ultimate Six #4

Dr Zoltar

Jedi Initiate
Nov 4, 2002
Puyallup, WA
Visit site
billfremore said:
Are there any more people like me who don't buy any X-related books?
I don't, except for rare occasions (like the Draco story line). I got fed up with Marvel after the Onslaught fiasco. They kept dragging plots on way too long -- like why did it take the X-Men two years before searching for Charles after he disappeared? Continuity was non-existent and one of my favorite comics -- Gen X -- kept having mistakes in it as well as artwork so poor I couldn't follow the story. So I pretty much dumped all things Marvel and took up DC and some Image titles.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
GIJoe Frontline #16: Despite a wicked cover of Night Creepers holding Destro's mask, a disappointment. Hard to follow, and read like one of the worse issues of the old Special Missions title.

Transformers: War Within 2 #2: Urrr. Simon Furman. Andrew Wildman. Must continue buying, no matter how little sense it makes!! :)

Transformers: Armada #18: Didn't resolve the storyling as neatly as I'd like. And I'm sorry: no Armada character (or army thereof) could ever kill the true Galvatron and Bludgeon. They must've been otters, disguised as those uber-baddies to cash in on their reps, kinda like Jodo Kast.

GIJoe #23: Oh. My. God. I forgive all the bad things I said about Josh Blaylock when I found he was reviving Serpentor. This isn't a bad marketing ploy. This is how a homicidal killing machine cloned from dead conquerers and a not-quite-dead Arishikaje ninja should act. Building up for one hell of an explosive climax in #25.

He-Man: uh, something about fear #1: Scare-Glow!! 'Nuff said.

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #8: Does Dreamwave plan on actually using all these characters in their screwed up little continuity?

Wolverine: The End #1: Awesome. Awesome. AWESOME!! The twist with Sabertooth was nice, and hopefully we'll finally learn that old Graydon Creed's real name was "Dog" Logan. I'm hoping for some reminiscing about old flames, former comrades in arms, spunky mutants who dress like Batman sidekicks. . . .

dr_evazan22

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 5, 2002
Delaware
Visit site
Are any of you guys reading Nyx, from Marvel?

Ish 2 just came out. I like the art and the coloring! Created by Quseada and Middleton.

Kiden Nixon witnessed her cop father get killed when she was a child. Now in HS, she is finding out that she has the mutant ability to stop time for a few seconds.

So far it's written pretty well and reminds me a little of Spider-man (in the teen angst and problems she has).

jjreason

Jedi Apprentice
Eternal Padawan won't clam up about NYX either. Might have to pick those up.

Another addition to the list of Limited Series we need to see finished would have to be Rising Stars. Come on Straczynski, enough is enough already!

Oh, and Planetary has had 2 new issues since the layoff, in case you'd given up on it. Jakita's origin was last issue (#17). Very interesting.

Eternal Padawan

Jedi Apprentice
COMICS I bought this week (don't think I went on a non-comic buying hiatus for the past several weeks, I just haven't been able to log on...sillies)

New Comics[/i](Wednesday, Nov. 26th, 2003)[/i]

JLA 90
Batman 621
GIJoe 24
Amazing Spider-Man 501
Avengers 74
Emma Frost 5
Uncanny X-Men 433
New X-Men 149
JLA/Avengers 3

JLA "resolved" the burgeoning romantic relationship between Wonder Woman and Batman. Since it was based on a kiss that happened in an issue before I started reading it six months ago, I wasn't really invested in it. But it was an interesting look at various futures involving the two characters IF they stayed together.

Batman. meh. After Lee and Hush, this is a letdown so far. And what's up with Hush returning in Gotham Knights? Crazeee...

GIJoe. Wow. This is the best storyline since...since the new series started. And it's got friggin Serpentor in it. I can't believe good story and Serpentor could coincide in the same idea/thought process, but there you have it.

ASM. A nice little breather about Aunt May after the 500th issue brouhahah.

Avengers. Kolins art. icky. And Bruce Banner just HAPPENS to be walking through Bone, Idaho when his cousin goes crazy? What a turd. When does Coipels get back?

Emma Frost. I thought this was a limited series and I was all set to drop it once the first story arc was over, but damn, it's really good.

Uncanny/New. So I was a dillhole and read the solid 22 page preview of Silvestri's and Morrison's first New X men issue, and it reveals who dies in 150. Arrgh! And the Draco is starting to shape back up again nicely. Except Alpha Flight's new costumes eat. And by eat I mean bite. And by bite, I mean suck.

JLA/Avengers. Wow. The last few pages, where the Grandmaster reveals the "truth" to the two teams was...man...I sorta got a lump in my throat. All the triumph and more importantly, the tragedy that they've gone through over the past 40+ years. Batman's broken back. Barry Allen and Hal Jordan "discovering" their demises. Wanda Maximoff "reliving" her childrens deaths (okay so they didn't die per se, but it still hit home). What a kickass series.

dr_evazan22

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 5, 2002
Delaware
Visit site
I haven't picked up any X-books in years, but I saw New X-men on the shelf and liked the cover. So, after thinking about it for a few minutes, I picked up 2 ish's (parts 3 and 4 of 5). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked them. Now I need to find parts 1 and 2.

Also picked up ASM 501. I always think it's touching when they involve someone talking to Ben's grave. Now they have Ben and Peter's parents buried together. And I liked teh Kiwi Kid. Oops... That was in Spec! Back to ASM... The drawing of MJ where she's holding the coffee cups takes me back to the way she was originally drawn. Looks great!

jjreason

Jedi Apprentice
Lots again this week, I hadn't been in since the first of the month.

Batman 621
Amazing 501
Uncanny 433
New X-Men 149
1602 part 4
Silver Surfer 3
Wolverine 8
DD 54
Hulk 63
Thor 71
Iron Man 74
Capt. Am. 20
Spect. Spidey 6 and 7
FF 506 and 507
Avengers 73 and 74

Jodi is not happy, and I didn't even go looking for any limited series issues I may have missed (Ultimate Six, Emma Frost, Kingpin, Namor - all in the store, and none of it bought yet - yikes).

Eternal Padawan

Jedi Apprentice
I flipped thru Silver Surfer 3 and i have not regretted my decision to not continue with the title. He's only shown up for 5 PANELS in three issues worth of comics. It's like he's guest cameoing in his own book. As cool as Norrin is, that don't make me a fan of the book.

They need to make a poster of the cover to Avengers/JLA 3 so i can actually SEE the upteen billion characters Perez drew. Man that's awesome! Whens the contest to see who can name all those guys?!?