So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

figrin bran

Jedi Commander
May 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
I got Shattered Empire #1 as well. It's not bad...actually I think it's the best of the current Marvel SW comics. However, there may be a huge continuity error? I believer there already is a Green Four and it's not the one in this comic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
I got Shattered Empire #1 as well. It's not bad...actually I think it's the best of the current Marvel SW comics. However, there may be a huge continuity error? I believer there already is a Green Four and it's not the one in this comic.
Jake Farrell was Green Four in the EU. In ROTJ, he's the pilot who says "Copy, Gold Leader" when Lando tells the pilots to split up and head back out of the Death Star. He's never actually identified on-screen as Green Four, which I guess opens the door for Shara Bey to take that title.

Apr 28, 2013
C-3PO #1 (one shot)... not anywhere near what I expected the "how'd I get this red arm?" story would be.
Still going to stick with my original answer: got the red arm from giving Chewie his prostate exam. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I tried to buy Han Solo #1, a variant cover, but the shop I went to (the only close one to me) only had that lame blank cover (for artist signing or sketches) as its "variant." I'm sorry, but paying for nothing doesn't do it for me. I'll wait for the trade paperback, I guess. :( But next week, the TFA limited series begins. :)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I think I will try out the other comic shops that are significantly farther away from me (1.5 miles vs. 10+ miles), as I just do not like the management style of the owner. The staff that works there are all wonderful, helpful, and polite. Owner isn't quite Simpsons Comic Book Guy level, but his business sense leaves much to be desired. Now it seems, if you want a variant cover when the DOORS OPEN ON THE DAY NEW COMICS DAY ARRIVES, you just pay anywhere from double to ten times cover price. Is that the same as any other shops where you buy books?

I did get the regular cover of SW:TFA #1 (I read half the comic while waiting in line). I won't say when issue 1 of this 5-issue limited series ends, but it's a good spot. However, the first 4 (maybe 6?) pages end with Rey eating her food after trading scrap items; wasn't that about 20 minutes into the film? Needless to say, the opening scenes of the film went by VERY fast and were quite abridged. Art is okay (not too realistic to the actors), lines of dialogue almost all are scene-specific.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I don't remember the last movie tie-in comic I bought, but I'm sure none of them were issue-by-issue AFTER I had already seen it. TFA #2 was okay (picking up from Rey and Finn finding the Falcon and ending with... "to be continued" on the final panel! :eek: ). But I did go to another comic shop and felt so much better and comfortable there (bag and board was included free, too :) ).

Apr 28, 2013
I think I will try out the other comic shops that are significantly farther away from me (1.5 miles vs. 10+ miles), as I just do not like the management style of the owner. The staff that works there are all wonderful, helpful, and polite. Owner isn't quite Simpsons Comic Book Guy level, but his business sense leaves much to be desired. Now it seems, if you want a variant cover when the DOORS OPEN ON THE DAY NEW COMICS DAY ARRIVES, you just pay anywhere from double to ten times cover price. Is that the same as any other shops where you buy books?
I used to frequent a comic shop like that. He's no longer in business. When he closed, I cleaned up on the early Punishers.

There's a shop about five minutes away from the house. It's the shop I hit when a hard-to-find title sells out at the other places. There are about four other comic/collectible stores in my area but one is a good drive, and the others have odd hours. Bankers hours, as my grandma would say.

I'll be hitting my usual shop this weekend and getting TFA #2. Read SW #21 with the new stormie squad and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
TFA #3 apparently had a new artist, and while I am not a professional comic artist, the style of said Marc Laming was a bit lame to me, sorry. It ended with Rey... well, I'll let you read it to find out which scene that was.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
... and I think they are now back to the artist from the first issues?!? :confused: Is this a 5-issue series, or 6? Online, I've found 6, but I'm not sure there really are 2 books worth of movie scenes left to fill.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
This book ended on a particular scene, where if you hadn't yet seen the film, would be absolutely shocked. The other panel worth talking about, was from a scene NOT shown in the film. :sanitation: ;)

Issue #6 will be out 11/9, to complete the series. Just in time for the Rogue One comic, mayhaps?