So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I was waiting for the comic book version of TROS. It appears I will be waiting a long time (read: never) for that, so I settled for the TROS Graphic Novel Adaptation (it doesn't take much time to read, either). The artwork is more cartoony and some important parts either are skipped or glossed over, but if you want a comic book-y one, then get this.

I read the Target Vader trade paperback, too. Checking to see if there's going to be a Wal*Mart Vader or a Five Below Vader copy later!

DarthQuack

Sith Apprentice
Jan 25, 2004
Albany
BCJ, are you a long time Star Wars comic collector? Or anyone else who still lurks these boards? I'm trying to find a Clone Wars #1 from 2008!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
BCJ, are you a long time Star Wars comic collector? Or anyone else who still lurks these boards? I'm trying to find a Clone Wars #1 from 2008!
Most of the books I have are either in trade paperbacks or "old" books (original '70s-'80s Marvel run, '90s Dark Horse, etc.). Sorry; I don't think I own any CW comics that weren't a FCBD edition, DQ.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Speaking of TPB comics, I read a recent purchase, War of the Bounty Hunters. Or, as Disney could've called it "Let's Warp SOTE So That It's Nothing Like It and Fans Won't Like It." Boba Fett has Carbonite Han... or does he? In an Avengers: Endgame-style scene, you see just about every bounty hunter in the SW galaxy... at a party. Too much like some bad D&D nights I recall, where the dungeon master wanted to make dating scenarios instead of battles or quests.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
With the recent passing of comics artist George Perez, I sought out some of his classic work and read a trade paperback of a storyline on The New Teen Titans, "The Judas Contract." I never really got into TNTT back when I was a collector. It brought back the "old" way of comic storytelling: word and thought balloons to inform the reader of what just happened/will happen/why it did, inferred violence and little to no profanity.