Space and the universe... [interests, sightings and events]

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
So, the sun was, like, not there today or something? Whatevs... I'll just see it tomorrow, then.
Speaking of which, you should of seen the bet I made the day prior. The next day Annie was so peeved. She both lost the bet and got stood up all in the same day. Kind of sad, but it was the best bottom dollar I've ever won. If you ask me though it was probably for the best. Staring at the sun everyday can't exactly be good for you. I mean honestly, there is a reason your eyes look the way they do Annie.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Based on that, LM, you might as well be walkin' on the sun; act now, supplies are runnin' out.
I heard some people saying this was punishment for Chris Cornell: won't you come, and wash away the rain?
Don't it feel good? Like walkin' on sunshine? Whoa oh! Hey! Alright now!
You too? I know I'm not the only one, starin' at the sun.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
Explain Sandy's eyes then!
Who do you think the sun was seeing when Annie got stood up?:smirk: Its been going on 2-3 minutes at a time every couple of decades. Can't say I'm surprised you didn't notice. The sun is good at blinding people from the truth. :screamcat::fearscream: Luckily I've been wise to the sun's game and have been throwing some serious shade at it for years.:sunglasses:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Watch the skies: the Chinese space station Tiangong-1 is due to fall to Earth sometime in the next half year or so. I'm burning up!
And some stars smashed together and made gold.

p.s. Both of these are legit, serious stories, just told facetiously. :p

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
July 20th.

Mark your calendars. In the meantime, check this out:

http://wechoosethemoon.org/#
In ten days, it'll be half a century since dudes, like, first walked on the moon, and stuff. I was unaware that Michael Collins is still living; I assumed since I hadn't heard much (read: anything) from him over the years but much from Aldrin, he had passed away, leaving Buzz as the only first-moon astronaut. I expect he'll be interviewed frequently in these days prior (and reading his book Carrying the Fire, I look forward to his candor and humor).