Spy photos from Rogue One set

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Nov 12, 2001
Tatooine
Mirror posted some spy photos of Rogue One filming. It shouldn't be a surprise, but there are stormtroopers in the classic armor, along with some blasters, weapons crates, a vehicle ramp, and some other equipment. There are palm trees around the area and they appear to be part of the set rather than just local scenery, so apparently the stormtroopers have a Hawaiian vacation in this film. :p

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I'm really excited about the action figure possibilities in this film. Hopefully, we can get more OT era 3 3/4" scale figures and vehicles. Actually, I think we'll be lucky to get anything 3 3/4" at this point.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I'm really excited about Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal Lechter) being in this movie.

He plays the Rebel that ate the Rancor with some fava beans and a nice vinaigrette.

Actually, the news released and verified so far:

He is NOT a villain. Interesting.

He is a major star, so he's definitely a lead.

Not a villain and a lead...that leaves:

- a good guy Rebel (Captain Antilles, etc.)

- an Old Republic Jedi (Qui-Gon Jinn style? - would be cool. As Hannibal, he's a mysterious persona - so a covert Jedi would be fitting)**

- a mercenary - essentially, Han Solo was one and did not officially join the Rebel Alliance until ROTJ, after his rescue. He was a contractor b4.

I could see Mikkelsen as contractor, too.

BUT he signed an autograph as Garen or Galen. Forgot which.

That is STARKILLER's real first name. Why Sam Witwer isn't playing him puzzles me - and Mads is kind of old to play Garen Marek (Starkiller) or whatever, before ANH. This character should be in his 20's. Vader is only about 41 around ANH.

By comparison, Han Solo is supposed to be 29.

If Mikkelsen is Garen, then maybe he is someone else named Garen and not the Starkiller one?