Star Wars Encyclopedia

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Still haven't done more than peruse the Ultimate SW book, but I have been reading the TFA Visual Dictionary (finished it; once you see the movie, definitely read this one) and Art of TFA (about halfway through it; another must-read visual chronology).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I love books! :)
But, are you IN love with them? :turnthepageandmoveon: :p

I finished a sort-of SW encyclopedic book, Mark Clark's Star Wars FAQ, which is part of a FAQ series of various pop culture subjects. It is mostly correct (a few editorial errors, some incorrect details here and there), and a plodding summary of much of the OT-era SW goings-on. I learned a few things (what VHS stands for, how Carl Banks' Disney ducks stories were a Lucas influence, the financial figures for the films and merchandise, some international details about the franchise, interesting backgrounds on some of the actors and creators, etc.). It's a slow read, but decent. He's both a fan and a diligent researcher.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Stealing another picture book thread.

The Art of TLJ book has a few not-used ideas and images from the new film. It also added a couple pages not included with the Art of TFA book to prevent movie spoilers. It's heavy, and therefore expensive, but I would recommend it, at least as far as I'm gotten through it.

Apr 28, 2013
The Art of TLJ was a Christmas present. Haven't had the chance to really delve into it. Need to.

Also received Art of Rogue One.