Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Sweepstakes and Collectibles at McDonald's

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
The McDonald's promotion is supposed to start sometime around December 10th if I'm not mistaken and here is what is currently known about it.

Offer
A 28 day Happy Meal featuring 16 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker toys. Each toy has one of four possible holographic images inside, creating a total collection of 64 unique toys.
Episode IX Toys Small.jpg

Happy Meal Toys
  • #01 Kylo Ren
  • #02 Sith Trooper
  • #03 Rey
  • #04 BB-8 and D-O
  • #05 Zorii Bliss
  • #06 R2-D2 and BB-8
  • #07 Finn
  • #08 Poe Dameron
  • #09 Chewbacca
  • #10 Princess Leia
  • #11 Han Solo
  • #12 C-3PO
  • #13 Luke Skywalker
  • #14 Imperial Stormtrooper
  • #15 Darth Vader
  • #16 Yoda
Episode IX Toys Large.jpg

Bonus Happy Meal Giveaways
Star Wars stickers and paper masks to hand out to families with kids, while supplies last
  • Sith Trooper Paper Mask
  • Chewbacca Paper Mask
  • C-3PO Paper Mask
  • Kylo Ren Paper Mask
  • Stickers
Episode IX Toys Masks Stickers.jpg

Journey To Win Game
Parents can enter/scan the code found on each Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker themed Happy Meal Box into the McDonalds app for a chance to win prizes. Please reference the crew poster for more detailed information on the game.

• Grand Prize: Appears to be a Vacation to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Misc.
Not certain if these are other potential prizes for the Journey To Win Game and/or stuff only reserved for McDonald's staff for the promotion.
  • Bag Stuffer|1,000
  • Balloons|50
  • Postcard/Stickers 200 postcards|1,200 Stickers (possibly the same stickers listed under Bonus Happy Meal Giveaways)
  • Crew Button|24
  • Trading Cards|100 sets of 10
Episode IX Buttons Balloons Stickers Cards.jpg

McPlay App
McPlay is loaded with amazing activities featuring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Be an Artist encourages kids to bring their favorite characters to life. In Be a Hero, kids can go on up to 8 amazing adventures and become a droid master or even train to become a Jedi.

Kids also have the power to unlock additional play content by scanning their Apple Slices, Go-GURT and White Milk packages and toys from their Happy Meal.
Episode IX Description.jpg

Themed Packaging
Happy Meal Boxes, White Milk Jugs, Apple Slices and Go-GURT packaging will be themed to coincide with the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Happy Meal promotion.
Episode IX Happy Meal Boxes.jpg

All this information comes courtesy from the Youtube channel Galinski Gamez.

Oh, and one more thing. This isn't part of this promotion, but there wasn't really anywhere else to post this. Earlier this year during Star Wars Celebration 2019 Chicago McDonald's in the vicinity of the convention had a special Happy Meal Box made specifically for the convention (no toys, just the box). Figured I'd show that off here too since it hasn't been mentioned here in the forums yet to my knowledge.
Celebration Happy Meal.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
Some more pictures since this starts tomorrow. Apparently there is a red and blue balloon to go with the yellow one pictured above. There are two sticker sets. The trading cards come as a sheet and are for a card game. There are two crew member pins (not just one).
Big set.jpg

Color pictures of all four of the Happy Meal boxes.
SW Box.jpg

SW Box2.jpg

SW Box3.jpg

SW Box4.jpg

A better picture of the apple slice baggie and white milk jug.
Apple.jpg

Milk.jpg

Probably most interesting of all, there are three additional bonus toys that must be purchased separately from the Happy Meal toys as a Dark Side Set. It contains Darth Maul, Darth Vader (molded in red plastic instead of black), and the Emperor. Apparently this set isn't offered in every state and can only be found at participating McDonald's in California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia and Wyoming. Live in a state other than those (like myself) and you'll either have to make a road trip across state lines or rely on ebay.
Dark Side Set.jpg

Dark Side Saga Set (Front).jpg

Dark Side Saga Set (Back).jpg

Last edited:

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
So I've been working on compiling the hologram variants for all of the toys. I've seen all the possible holograms. Having a little trouble placing the names of some of the sequel ships, but it should be enough info to figure out what to be on the lookout for if anyone is trying to get all the hologram variants. Plus side, it appears that the Dark Side Saga Set 3-Pack figures only have one hologram each (aka no variants).

• #01 Kylo Ren
    • Knight of Ren
    • Rey
    • Sith Trooper
    • Kylo Ren’s TIE Fighter
Kylo Holo.jpg

• #02 Sith Trooper
    • Kylo Ren
    • Finn
    • Sith Jet Trooper
    • Troop Transport
Sith Trooper Holo.jpg

• #03 Rey
    • Kylo Ren
    • Chewbacca
    • Maz Kanata
    • Unknown Ship?
Rey Holo.jpg

• #04 BB-8 and D-O
    • D-O
    • BB-9E
    • Poe Dameron
    • X-Wing
BB-8 Holo.jpg

• #05 Zorii Bliss
    • Shadow Trooper
    • Rey
    • Poe Dameron
    • Y-Wing
Zorii Holo.jpg

• #06 R2-D2 and BB-8
    • C-3PO
    • Stormtrooper
    • Princess Leia
    • X-Wing
R2 Holo.jpg

• #07 Finn
    • Sith Trooper
    • Jannah
    • Captain Phasma
    • Ski Speeder
Finn Holo.jpg

• #08 Poe Dameron
    • BB-8
    • Zorii Bliss
    • Shadow Trooper
    • Ochi’s Ship?
Poe Holo.jpg

• #09 Chewbacca
    • Porg
    • Rey
    • Stormtrooper
    • Millennium Falcon
Chewie Holo.jpg

• #10 Princess Leia
    • Jabba the Hutt
    • Han Solo
    • Darth Vader
    • Speeder Bike
Leia Holo.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
  • #11 Han Solo
    • Boba Fett
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando Calrissian
    • Millennium Falcon
Han Holo.jpg

• #12 C-3PO
    • R2-D2
    • Jet Trooper
    • Resistance Leader Leia
    • Facility Looking Ship?
3PO Holo.jpg

• #13 Luke Skywalker
    • Darth Vader
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Yoda
    • Landspeeder
Luke Holo.jpg

• #14 Imperial Stormtrooper
    • Princess Leia
    • Darth Vader
    • Scout Trooper
    • Star Destroyer
Stormtrooper Holo.jpg

• #15 Darth Vader (black plastic)
    • Anakin Skywalker
    • Stormtrooper
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter
Vader (black plastic) Holo.jpg

• #16 Yoda
    • Darth Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Luke Skywalker
    • X-Wing
Yoda Holo.jpg

• Dark Side Saga Set - Darth Maul
    • Darth Maul
Maul Holo.jpg

• Dark Side Saga Set - Darth Vader (red plastic)
    • Darth Vader
Vader (red plastic) Holo.jpg

• Dark Side Saga Set - The Emperor
    • The Emperor
Emperor Holo.jpg

Speaking of variants, I can personally confirm that there are at least three different character Go-GURT tubes, all Strawberry flavored.
  • BB-8
  • Finn
  • First Order Stormtrooper

Last edited:
Reactions: Bel-Cam Jos

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
Here are the two activity pages that can be printed from the McDonalds website.
Activities.jpg

A close up of the small sticker set that supposedly goes with a postcard.
Small Sticker Set.jpg

The larger sticker set.
Large Sticker Set.jpg

The front and back of the card set.
Card Set (Front).jpg

Card Set (Back).jpg

The crew pins.
Crew Pins.jpg

The red and blue balloons.
Red and Blue Balloons.jpg

The paper masks.
Paper Masks.jpg

The tray liner.
Tray Liner.jpg

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Well, I guess it's time (again) to eat at McD's (thanks, Lord Malakite, for the continued coverage! ).

[edit] I checked the MD website, and it includes this misplaced modifier of a whopper (pun intended)...
"The Skywalker saga is coming to an end, but your family’s is just beginning with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and Happy Meal®." (So, your family's end is just beginning? That's demoralizing and sad.)

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I finally decided to stop there (did not use the drive-thru, but this particular restaurant has a horrid parking lot) and got Yoda and Stormtrooper. Nothing extra (pins, balloons, cards, stickers, Saga Set, etc.). Now I can re-create the scene from TROS where Yoda sneaks into Death Star 3 dressed as a trooper and fights Ponda Baba (also sneaking in as a trooper) with force lightning! (oops... did I forget to say "spoiler" first? :p )

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
I think today is the day they officially switch over to the next promotion (some sort of Discovery Science Kids robot things). If not today then within the week. So there isn't much time left to collect these in restaurant for anyone trying to.

While collecting this Rise of Skywalker Happy Meal toy set myself I've come across what seems to be a notable packaging variant and not a one off fluke. Looking at ebay listings it appears that this packaging variant occurs with all 16 toys. Each toy is normally supposed to come with a paper insert that is unique to that toy and shows what the four possible hologram pictures are for said toy. With that said on a few occasions I've gotten a toy (still sealed) which did not come with any paper insert.

So with that, if we take all 16 Happy Meal toys (excluding the Dark Side Saga Set 3-Pack figures), multiply it by 4 to account for the hologram picture variants (four possible pictures per toy) and then multiply it again by 2 to account for the packaging variant (with and without the paper insert) we are now up to a whopping 128 toys.

I may eventually add a picture to this thread of the three Go-GURT tubes I have (BB-8, Finn and a First Order Stormtooper). Although I don't have visual evidence of such I suspect there may be a fourth Go-GURT tube, likely villain related. I come to this deduction based on the coloration of the tubes' background and how the tear tabs on the tubes are oriented (with the red triangles).

Other than those things not much more else to say about this promotion.