Star Wars Rebels - Season 3

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
No good punk kids! But then, the kids're alright. Sorry; it's getting just too easy to escape Imperial ships, even for a children's TV show. I thought that having Kanan as a gunner would be useless, but apparently he can sense ships through the Force in a vacuum, too. Thrawn has been a tease the past couple shows, and I can't wait to see how they use his talents to the fullest, soon.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Thrawn is in his groove! Once again, the Imperials aiming (even with large cannons?!? in open areas?) is not believable. Fulcrum revealed. Next week's Ezra one looks like it has the potential to be bad, or quite interesting.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Next week's Ezra one looks like it has the potential to be bad, or quite interesting.
I was right: some very interesting parts (what Maul and Ezra finally realize, maybe why Sabine picked up "that Mandalorian item" at the end, and the drawing on the wall), some bad ones (you can track someone through hyperspace via a commlink? a "sick" member of a mission team STILL allowed to go? re-hashing old characters who I thought were finally gone?).

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I was entertained but Obi-Wan must kill Mall. You should have been left dead in the first place but there were some entertaining stories. However I hope they would say that for you and McGregor's return to the movies.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
The trailer for the second half of season three looks amazing. Not sure how I feel about bringing Obi-Wan back, but I'm sure not going to miss that episode.

Apr 28, 2013
The regular Disney Channel has yet to air any season 3 eps. I think I can catch up on OnDemand.

Been binge-watching seasons 1 and 2 and thoroughly enjoying them.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
It took me some close listening to determine if it really was Forrest Whitaker as Saw (and it was; trying to sound "younger" I think). I'll wait to join the conversation once others have seen the 2 episodes, too.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I was really glad Forest Whitaker voiced Saw, and since he didn't need a breather mask and wasn't all hacked up the way he was in Rogue One, it was good to hear more of that character being "alive". I did think this story needed more punch, it felt like the ending wasn't well earned and didn't result in enough of a payoff, but at least it was interesting to get there.

So they bug bombed the Geoosians, eh? :p

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
So they bug bombed the Geoosians, eh? :p
No; there is another. :ForceSensitiveEgg: ;)

Biggest nit-pick for me was the fact that TIE Bombers, whose job it is to drop bombs on targets from above, completely missed the Ghost on the ground, not moving at all. At least keep the sandstorm so that's plausible...

I had hopes that a IJatLC Grail Knight line might've made it into the jump-the-chasm scene. :chosewisely:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
This one was fairly silly, in a buddy-cop type movie way... until Thrawn appeared at the very end! Was that a Threepio preliminary sketch version for the Imperial droid? I think I heard Chopper "say" the famous "IHABFAT" line.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Very good episode; haven't been many Sabine-centric ones. I really liked the shadow "cartoon" story at the start, the saber training is among the best in ANY Star Wars video source, and learning more about Sabine was both informative yet still mysterious. I am confused about the one-of-a-kind darksaber comment, though (weren't there CW episodes where multiple Mandalorians wielded them?).

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I like learning about the Mandalorian history. It has been so many times changed and inconsistent. Whenever you have inconsistencies it is easy to say that one is the right Canon. On the other hand you can also write a good explanation that blends all the facts into something cohesive. That's pretty cool and I respect how it takes more effort.