Star Wars Rebels - Season 3

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I know I'm the minority opinion, but I'd love it if Episode IX involved time travel, with someone killing the first Mandalorean as a baby.

To me, they're as bad as the Legacy fanwank Sith Lords (particularly "Darth Half-Naked Twi'lek").

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
The saber training was riffing off of the Jedi Training Academy at Disney parks, which I thought was interesting synergy and also carries nicely to the continuity between the various SW messages out there.

As for the episode, it was an interesting breakthrough, and felt like they were pent up from not saying a lot of this earlier in the series.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Forgot to post a reminder, but Disney reruns these fairly often.

Very good Sabine-centric episode, I did NOT expect the decision at the very end, the lightsaber fighting (from one character in particular) was great, terrain reminded me of Starkiller Base where the Falcon crashed, Chopper putting his arms up to surrender was funny.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
We'll see if the end of this episode sticks or gets reversed soon.

I liked the ep, and once again felt like this could have been a larger story (with more settings than a single mountain cabin).

figrin bran

Jedi Commander
May 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Another outstanding episode! Was actually home to see it on live broadcast but forgot because of that several week hiatus. Was not expecting the death at the end nor a certain character's decision - their adeptness with a lightsaber was great to witness.

Pretty sure that decision can't last as that would sideline one of their core characters indefinitely.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Fun episode. For me, this season has been superior to the previous one so far. Season one is still my favorite and there were some good bits to season two, but this one seems to be the one where a lot starts to come together.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
After the great episode last week, this one was bound to disappoint some (and in that respect, it did); I thought it tried to be too serious, when the plot and dialogue could've just let it be that way on their own. I was surprised at the resignation announcement at the end (but I guess I should've been). The Imperial ship was nice to see, and as always Thrawn is brilliant (in several meanings of the word). The info button says next week's had droids and codes, but the promo with Maul & Kenobi seemed to hint that it would be next week's. :confused:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The droid one was one of the funniest I can recall in the series. Unrealistic (read: only "problem" with venting the cargo hold to space apparently was the wind, walking on the hull), but funny (songs sung, traded insults). I'm not sure how to say this, but this show will go down in SW history with the first (hopefully, only) zipper reference.

Mad Slanted Powers

Jedi Commander
May 20, 2002
Bellingham, WA
www.madslantedpowers.com
I found it interesting that they didn't squeeze the credits down to the bottom of the screen like they usually do. That made it easier to read then. The guy doing the voice of Obi-wan sure sounded like Alec Guinness. Overall, a pretty good episode, though the big showdown was a bit anticlimactic.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Twin Suns disappointed for the fight should've been longer and Maul's hatered more expanded upon, like how they'd felt the galaxy had changed. And Darth Sidious forgot about him and wenthe with Vader. Also Ezra could have told Obi-Wan about Vader and Ahsoka. No telling if Obi-Wan knows of Vader now, at least only by the cartoon show. He could mention the holo feeds.

Obi-Wan was referring to LUKE when he was discovered to be protecting someone. Does Obi-Wan think Luke and not Anakin is the Chosen One? Or was that just a lie to Maul? Does Maul know about Vader? Does he know he was Anakin?

Sure the episode did well for its short time but this one should have been an hour.

All of the above could have even been discussed during the lightsaber duel.

figrin bran

Jedi Commander
May 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
I felt Twin Suns suffered from pacing issues...too much time spent on Ezra wandering around which led to the Kenobi Maul climax feeling very rushed. I did like how they recreated the shots and angles from the TPM Qui Gonn/Maul duel.