Star Wars Rebels - Season 3

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I liked the "Twin Suns" duel. It felt like the duel that introduces Kyuzo in Seven Samurai in its economy and brutal quickness. Ultimately, the MOST interesting aspect of the only actually episode focusing on Obi-Wan SHOULD BE Obi-Wan and not Ezra yet again, but at least Obi Wan's dialogue and presence felt like him. I enjoyed Clones Wars, on the whole, but I rarely felt that that Obi-Wan approached the same gravitas of Alec Guinness' performance and delivery. This limited screen time, "Twin Suns" version seemed more faithful to Guinness and I think the longer he was onscreen, the more chance he would cease to affect the same Guinness quality. If they could have sustained that for an entire episode, it would truly have been a treat. That said, I hope that Kenobi is not brought back in this series.

And that ending coda... It was designed to tug the heart strings and sure did mine.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Thank God that little b***h finally died a second time, and went out like a b***h again.

(Half) kidding aside, most samurai duels apparently consisted of a lot of standing around, observing one another, and one slice or thrust to end it.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I'm going to start spoiler discussion.

I liked seeing Thrawn with Death Troopers.

So much for Fulcrum 2.0. But I don't trust Kallus as a Rebel though I knew he'd turn good guy. Will he turn back?

Seeing the Mandalorian super commandos vs space trooper for the Empire and that space battle was awesome.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Timothy Zahn must've LOVED these two: Interdictor Cruisers, Thrawn in ground battle gear, his plans would've been flawless were it not for the (blatantly-obvious) greed and ineptitude of his fellow officers, Bendu's last words to him. I cannot wait for the novel that's out in a couple weeks!

I wondered if this would be the last season of the series, but I see the "underworld" aspect is to be the 4th's focus.

I didn't expect Bendu to be part of this at all; made quite the impact.

I can also see Kallus turning back (odd that a single hair out of place made him appear brutally beaten).

Sad to say, but I was surprised that only one (you'll have to watch to find out who) character isn't around anymore.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I liked the "Zero Hour" two part season finale. I'm glad that the show didn't get rid of Thrawn, who is such a strong character, the way that the Inquisitors were gotten rid of at the end of their respective seasons. I'm really looking forward to season four and I suspect we'll see more cameos from Rogue One characters. I do wonder, however, how long the show will last.

figrin bran

Jedi Commander
May 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
This will undoubtedly be a minority opinion but I feel that I like Thrawn considerably less after his appearance this season. More or less he is like the Star Wars Bill Belicheck and whatever the villain equivalent of a "mary sue" is, that would describe him. Every possible scenario and outcome seems to have been considered by him..."I have studied these Rebels" seems to be a line that he's said in just about every appearance of his, seemingly. To me it's just very off putting and Bendu being cannon fodder for him does not help this at all.

Overall, a solid finale but not as great as season 1 or 2's finales.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
So it looks like season 4 will be the last one for Rebels. I thought we'd get two more seasons. I hope the next animated series is set between Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. That would be a good period of continuity to mine for stories. I don't want a post Return of the Jedi animated series until after episode 9.

Apr 28, 2013
Got the BR set for Christmas, and binge-watched the entire season last weekend. The family was snowed in, so it was a perfect time.

A big thumbs up overall to the season. There was only one ep that I didn't care for; it was on disc three, but I will get the title.

A little disappointed to the Obi-Wan/Maul duel. That's it, really? Was expecting a little bit more.

I haven't seen any of season 4, and will probably wait until it's released and binge-watch.