Star Wars Rebels season 4 - the final season

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I had hoped for two more seasons, but I'm sure one season can wrap everything up pretty well - maybe it will coincide with the beginning of Rogue One. Now my thoughts go to what will be the next episodic show (not counting Forces of Destiny shorts).

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Thrawn.

And Rukh.

And (mild spoilers) Thrawn's backstory seems to still involve meeting Anakin Skywalker during the whole Outbound Flight episode. Which means Jorus C'Baoth.

Mara Jade better be re-canonized soon.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Quite a lot to digest in those two 30-minute episodes. Although, the commercials around midnight are just plain weird (expecting viewers to be "under" something, eh Disney?).
Music: not very Star Wars-y, but prevalent; it worked to build tension or emote as characters acted.
Action: definitely taken from various Indiana Jones films. Weaponry was very serious; it's easy to forget that Imperial superweapons are in fact commentaries on nuclear-type technology. Again, it is FAR TOO EASY to dance on the tops of ships and moving vehicles!
Thrawn was great, as always.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Wow: added TIE Defenders (I don't think they'd been featured before), Krennic gets a mention by name, Saw's back, Deathtroopers have voices (?!?), we see inside the Yavin 4 base.
I thought that a light on some building looked EXACTLY like Transformer Shockwave's head.

[edit] BTW, how the heck did I miss the August release of Season 3 on DVD/Blu-Ray? :(

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
So, Thrawn knows the Rebels by name, and now even by strategies and tactics. That wolf thing was weird. Seeing Wedge was nice (or was that last week?). Interesting to see how the Hera/Kanan relationship is changing/growing. I wonder if there will be a "and one of them won't be coming back" storyline before the final season's episode runs. :(

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Thrawn.

And Rukh.

And (mild spoilers) Thrawn's backstory seems to still involve meeting Anakin Skywalker during the whole Outbound Flight episode. Which means Jorus C'Baoth.

Mara Jade better be re-canonized soon.
Well, Thrawn and his "assassin" were in these new ones (or, at least one of them; I can't remember which of the two back-to-backs anymore), and while his sniffing was a bit odd, I knew it was part of his skillset. I still don't understand the loth-wolves.

The kiss finally happened, too.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Rukh and Thrawn are proving to be the effective and efficient Imperials that led to the control of the galaxy. Apparently, Kanan's blindness still allows him to see things fairly easily. The X-Wing/TIE dogfights were excellent; very ANH-esque. And only one episode at a time; what'll we do? :rolleyes:

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
And will we be seeing Maz, Snoke, or both?

I'd love it if Snoke played into Thrawn's new canon backstory. It looks like Zahn kept the whole "joined the Empire to get their assistance fighting a threat" aspect. Only that threat is no longer the Yuuzhan Vong (who don't exist yet post-Disney). A powerful Force user who eventually winds up taking over the remnants of the Empire, maybe?

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
There's a problem with my login on the TFG news system or I'd post it there, but instead it's a forums news post for now... From Lucasfilm:

SWR Series Finale Key Art-.jpg

--Ian McDiarmid Reprises his Role as Emperor Palpatine--
The beginning of the end starts MONDAY, FEB. 19 (9:00 p.m. EST) when the critically-acclaimed animated series "Star Wars Rebels" returns to Disney XD with new episodes as the series nears its grand finale. The final episodes will unfold over three weeks, with two back-to-back episodes premiering every Monday night on Disney XD, until its epic 90-minute conclusion on MONDAY, MARCH 5 (8:30 p.m. EST).

As teased in a new "Star Wars Rebels" trailer, Emperor Palpatine makes his series debut in these final episodes, voiced by actor Ian McDiarmid who reprises this iconic role from the "Star Wars" live-action films.

The multi-platform schedule, in the U.S., for the remaining "Star Wars Rebels" episodes is:
MONDAY, FEB. 19
· Premiere telecasts of "Jedi Night" (9:00 p.m. EST) and "DUME" (9:30 p.m. EST) on Disney XD and will be released on the DisneyNOW App (www.DisneyNOW.com) at 10:00 p.m. EST.

MONDAY, FEB. 26

· Premiere telecasts of "Wolves and a Door" (9:00 p.m. EST) and "A World Between Worlds" (9:30 p.m. EST) on Disney XD and will be released on the DisneyNOW App (www.DisneyNOW.com) at 10:00 p.m. EST.

MONDAY, MARCH 5
· Premiere telecasts of "A Fool's Hope" (8:30 p.m. EST) and "Family Reunion – and Farewell" (9:00 p.m. EST) on Disney XD and will be released on the DisneyNOW App (www.DisneyNOW.com) at 10:00 p.m. EST.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Wow; only three days until it's over. While I like the back-to-back episodes, I miss having to wait and letting it last. It's only a week, people! You will live! There is a spoiler in one of the kidsy books (check the Comics/Books section and the "Other EU" thread, read the white-out text in my most recent post to find out! )

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Showing two episodes at a time really send a message that Disney wants to have this show be over and done with. The bulk of the season has been shown this way. I don't think they have another SW show on the docket, right?

DarthQuack

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 25, 2004
Albany
Just binge watched the first half of the season....nothing too excited IMO but the 2nd half of the season is always great, so looking forward to that.