Star Wars - The Black Series 6" Rumor List!!

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
The lack of Jawas on any rumor list disturbs me greatly.

Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
I'm just confused how Jawas, or R2 droids, or ugnaughts, or Ewoks, or Yoda can't actually BE 6" in size for this line. Whatta ripoff! ;)

Bespin Fatigued :eek: Luke is my fave in this whole figure line.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
In addition to the new 3 3/4" figures I posted in another thread, JediNews shows the new 6" Bespin Luke and Stormtrooper figures. The trooper's helmet looks a little strange but overall they're both very cool.
The stormtrooper's helmet is really odd, they replaced the Sandtrooper's "mouth" segment with a new one that simply doesn't fit, it's too big and bulbous.

Luke Bespin looked good at first blush, but the clearer pics show a horrendous likeness, a caricature at best. Hopefully that gets another pass before retail.

Umbra

Jedi Initiate
The stormtrooper's helmet is really odd, they replaced the Sandtrooper's "mouth" segment with a new one that simply doesn't fit, it's too big and bulbous.
yeah the storm trooper helmet has really been throwing me off too

Beast

Jedi Knight
Website
myworld.ebay.com
The lack of Jawas on any rumor list disturbs me greatly.

Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure.
Jawas you say.... you want Jawas? Then BAM! Your wish is granted. Jawas are coming.

Hasbro's Customer Service page kinda spilled the beans about some upcoming figures.

6" Black Series Jabba The Hut
6" Black Series Speederbike
6" Black Series E4 Chewbacca
6" Black Series E4 Tie Fighter Pilot
6" Black Series E5 C-3PO
6" Black Series E5 Darth Vader
6" Black Series E6 Luke Jedi
6" Black Series E2 CloneTrooper
6" Black Series Jawas

There's also multiple numbers for the Sandtrooper. Which may mean we'll see the other pauldrons.

Attachments

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Jabba? Really. Holy crap. Don't get me wrong, that thing theoretically should be awesome, but the basic figures aren't moving well. He'd have to be a $40 figure, at least, and a much tougher sell. Not to mention he'd take up a ton of shelf space, which retailers don't like. He'd probably have to be an exclusive.

I've got to wonder if one of the multiple "Sandtroopers" is a typo for "Sand People." Seems odd to get Jawas without them. (And "Jawas" plural seems not in keeping with the TBS packaging aesthetic.)

In any case, no doubt I'd at least get the Jawas if they actually hit retail. :)

Now... "The lack of Ewoks on any rumor lists disturbs me greatly. Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure." ;)

Beast

Jedi Knight
Website
myworld.ebay.com
Jabba? Really. Holy crap. Don't get me wrong, that thing theoretically should be awesome, but the basic figures aren't moving well. He'd have to be a $40 figure, at least, and a much tougher sell. Not to mention he'd take up a ton of shelf space, which retailers don't like. He'd probably have to be an exclusive.
I don't know what area you're living in. But they were selling fairly hotly for months.
We're seeing some lingering now because stores kept reordering. But those will likely move as X-Mas approaches.
And they pretty much already confirmed that Jabba was coming during an interview during NYCC.
The Speederbike w/ Biker Scout shares the same Assortment Number, and has been confirmed to be $40-$45.
I've got to wonder if one of the multiple "Sandtroopers" is a typo for "Sand People." Seems odd to get Jawas without them. (And "Jawas" plural seems not in keeping with the TBS packaging aesthetic.)

In any case, no doubt I'd at least get the Jawas if they actually hit retail. :)
Possibly. But we got 12" Sand People long before we got 12" Jawas. And I think it suggests we'll get 2 per pack.

Now... "The lack of Ewoks on any rumor lists disturbs me greatly. Them little buggers could make me break down and buy a 6" figure." ;)
Give 'em time. I'm sure at least Wicket has a good chance of showing up in the next few years.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
SoCal, east of LA. Target's about the only store that carries them, and they haven't been able to get rid of them since the get-go.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Website
www.sirstevesguide.com
2014 six inch black series rumors

Bossk
IG-88
Lando ( Outfit not specified but I hope its Cloud City )
Jango Fett
Mace Windu

Of course we're still going to see Luke Cloud City and Obi Wan Revenge of the Sith, plus the stormtrooper and Anakin Revenge of the Sith.

I heard this on the sideshow message boards from someone that seemed to be in the know.

Luke Jedi Knight and C3PO are also possible. Chewbacca is rumored too.

And I'm sure they'll do Darth Vader.

Beast

Jedi Knight
Website
myworld.ebay.com
Yeah.. much of that was reported months ago. And accidentally leaked due to Hasbro.

6" Black Series Jabba The Hut
6" Black Series Speederbike
6" Black Series E4 Chewbacca
6" Black Series E4 Tie Fighter Pilot
6" Black Series E5 C-3PO
6" Black Series E5 Darth Vader
6" Black Series E6 Luke Jedi
6" Black Series E2 CloneTrooper
6" Black Series Jawas

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showt...t-Rumor-List!!?p=774980&highlight=#post774980

The others you mentioned were rumored months ago by "Stan" on Scum's forums....

Apperantly this "Stan" supposedly works for Hasbro. And is very good with reliable info.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Website
www.sirstevesguide.com
Then Stan must be from the Rhode Island province, "Case Packing-Stan."

I couldn't resist.

I've only bought the majority of what's been released for BobaFrett. My gift to him. He's getting the Mos Eisley cantina themed characters and I'm going "Special Edition" with it so he gets Boba Fett if I could only find him for Barry.

That being said, I'm getting a select few to go with my Unleashed.

From the offerings, I got myself a Sandtrooper (to go with Tusken Unleashed) and I'm nicely impressed.

I'm going to be getting:

Luke Bespin - to go with Cloud City Vader Unleashed

Obi-Wan ROTS - to go with General Grievous Unleashed

E6 Luke Jedi to go with Slave Leia Unleashed (I'm never buying the 6" Slave Leia figure with way too much articulation showing)

Stormtrooper
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Lando (if Bespin)

are all possibilities for me. Maybe I'll have to get myself a Boba Fett and hope they make a Bespin Han and red Bespin Gown Leia.

I'm thinking of doing that "We would be honored if you joined us" scene in 6".

IMO, Cloud City is a very underserved or underrated environment of the OT, overshadowed by Jabba's and the cantina.

I think maybe this scale has a little potential for me after all.

I also hope for some 6" Jabba goons, but I won't be getting the 6" Jabba the Hutt. I have two (2) SideShow giant Jabbas and that's enough!

I just want to display a mini-sailbarge fight scene around the Unleashed Slave Leia (so I don't even need Boba Fett for that one).

With repacks of older figures, you've got to figure on Hasbro re-shipping Boba Fett.

SHELF-WARMERS:

R2-D2
Luke X-Wing
Slave Leia
Greedo

POTENTIAL RE-RELEASE SALES:

Darth Maul (maybe)
Sandtrooper
Han Solo (already being re-released and probably shelf-warming soon)
Boba Fett

In fact, a repack case of these (if Han weren't coming with Obi-Wan, Stormy, and Luke Bespin already) would work for this line.

The TIE Fighter Pilot (unless it's a removeable helmet Jagged Fel or Baron Soontir Fel) doesn't do anything for me. While kind of a black stormtrooper (or shadow trooper) in a similar design vein, it might be the worst choice of a figure for this line yet (assuming they could have not super-articulated Slave Leia).

But watch Hasbro re-use the Leia body for an Oola repaint or something. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
The others you mentioned were rumored months ago by "Stan" on Scum's forums....

Apperantly this "Stan" supposedly works for Hasbro. And is very good with reliable info.
From what I understand, he has a source (possibly himself?) that works in the factories and is privy to information in the planning stages such as prototypes. He revealed that a few months back when people on RS started calling BS on him, but the broken English and misspellings certainly lead me to believe he's not an American Hasbro employee. A fair chunk of his info comes to pass, but since he's so early in the planning stages, a lot of it gets changed or cut by the time the products hit shelves.

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Website
www.matt-hughes.com
The TIE Fighter Pilot (unless it's a removeable helmet Jagged Fel or Baron Soontir Fel) doesn't do anything for me. While kind of a black stormtrooper (or shadow trooper) in a similar design vein, it might be the worst choice of a figure for this line yet (assuming they could have not super-articulated Slave Leia).
Actually, the TIE Fighter Pilot is the only figure announced that I'm really excited for. Hasbro is going to have to get it right though and if it ends up with a removable helmet and some EU character or a clone-head underneath, then forget it. No sale.

The Biker Scout has kind of piqued my interest, but that's definitely a 'wait and see' item.

IF they get around to making any Skiff Guards, Gamorrean Guards, or other Jabba's goons, then I'll track down a Jabba the Hutt later on. But I'm really not interested in buying Jabba first and having him sit around by himself for years while waiting for some minions.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
If they make enough figures for the appropriate parts, I will totally make a Cruisemissile Captain Frassk.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
Actually, the TIE Fighter Pilot is the only figure announced that I'm really excited for. Hasbro is going to have to get it right though and if it ends up with a removable helmet and some EU character or a clone-head underneath, then forget it. No sale.
Since the Sandtrooper and upcoming Stormtrooper don't have removable helmets, I think it's probably safe to assume that's how they'll be treating other trooper army builders going forward. Also, with it now being canon that the Empire phased out clone troopers in favor of recruits, I doubt that we'll see many more clone heads on OT troopers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL

Jedi Council Member
I merged Beast and Tycho's 6" rumor threads, since YodasNews posted this today:

We just confirmed that later this fall (October/November) we will be getting a Black Series 6″ Bossk, C-3PO and Han Solo (Stormtrooper)!

In addition to that, our sources say that retailers will be able to order SOLID CASES of these figures AND both Boba Fett and Stormtrooper!
These are all pretty much no-brainers – Bossk will look great with Boba, C-3PO will pair with R2-D2, and Han will presumably just be the existing head and body with a retooled smaller neck peg.

Top Bottom