Star Wars: The Mandalorian Official Trailer

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
[embedyt]

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
Star Wars: The Mandalorian will air November 12th on Disney+
Continue reading...

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
This will be a short show.

The title character in a standoff against Deathtroopers led by Gus Fring? That won't end well.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
The title character is apparently a legitimate Mandalorian, but has mismatched armor and is openly a bounty hunter.

Werner Herzog's character says something in the second trailer about it being a shame that "your" (implied to be the Mandalorian) people suffering.

In the new Galaxy's Edge cookbook, Strono Tuggs refers to Mandalorians exclusively in the past tense.

I'm calling it now: the Empire attacked and wiped out the vast majority of the Mandalorians. The title character (who has some connection to someone we know, which is why the name is still unrevealed; I'm guessing Sabine Wren's brother) is supposed to collect a bounty on Herzog, who offers him info on Moff Gideon, which makes it personal since Gideon led the decimation of the Mandos.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
The title character is apparently a legitimate Mandalorian, but has mismatched armor and is openly a bounty hunter.

Werner Herzog's character says something in the second trailer about it being a shame that "your" (implied to be the Mandalorian) people suffering.

In the new Galaxy's Edge cookbook, Strono Tuggs refers to Mandalorians exclusively in the past tense.

I'm calling it now: the Empire attacked and wiped out the vast majority of the Mandalorians. The title character (who has some connection to someone we know, which is why the name is still unrevealed; I'm guessing Sabine Wren's brother) is supposed to collect a bounty on Herzog, who offers him info on Moff Gideon, which makes it personal since Gideon led the decimation of the Mandos.
I forgot about the cookbook; thanks for the reminder, Chux.

I would say the bounty will be on a character named K'ren Tarvis, in which she will be completed obliterated from existence, despite her attempts to glorify and help the Mando culture and people. A MSE Droid will repeatedly run over her body, too.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
Not sure if this is a spoiler free thread or not (and I can’t figure out how to use the spoiler tools on an iPad) but I was reading an article about all the streaming offering and found this photo....

Now the caption says that it’s from the new show and I don’t recognize the shot from anything I’ve ever seen before. However, if it is what it looks like, it would contradict just about everything I’ve seen saying that this character isn’t going to be in the show....

Attachments

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
The Mandalorian first ep was AMAZING! There's a moment in the middle that was a head scratcher but it picked up so well that it made it more enjoyable. There's some nice warts in it too, a frame flop here, an obvious prop there. I don't want to spoil it, but it's outstanding.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT READ SPOILERS ABOUT THE FIRST EP IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO WATCH IT SOON! GO IN FRESH, IT'S WORTH IT.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I watched it it was modestly entertaining. It was not the Obi-Wan story I think that will blow everybody away with Ewan McGregor for even the Cassian Andor story. I care about these characters more then a bounty hunter. Maybe we will get a good story to come?

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I cursed at my TV. Loudly.

It was working perfectly fine.

I just... still can't believe one thing, even 24 hours later. Feels like I'm going to learn something I've waited almost forty years for.

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
Two episodes in and I'm hooked. There's a pattern of something revelatory in each episode so far. Fans made this for fans.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
It's almost like a Star Wars doesn't have to be about people we already know.

Marvel benefits from a universe made up of a rich world of characters in a relatively uninteresting setting, it's the "who" and "why" that drive those stories and the MCU has figured out how important that is. Not much from the MCU visually looks like its source material beyond the characters, instead they focus on the characters and some significant story beats to carry the experience.

Star Wars, meanwhile, benefits from a universe made up of a rich setting with relatively simple characters, it's a giant sandbox with the "what" that binds its stories together as much as anything, the cadre of characters is quite narrow. You cannot hang a media franchise on one set of characters, and the Disney films are suffering for that, the new characters simply don't have the cultural impact that the originals did. What The Mandalorian gets right is the same thing that SW: Rebels got right: it knows to find an interesting, new story to tell and tell it with compelling, new characters; use the trappings of the universe to make it fit. The universe is familiar, the elements are familiar, and now your characters can do whatever they like in it.

The Mandalorian's second episode wasn't as strong as the pilot, but it was still very good. I thoroughly enjoyed how it played with the trappings of the Star Wars universe, and how it got that tone to work. The actual story was simple and enjoyable, sparse dialog and direct actions, choices showing who characters are rather than having them just tell you. At 32 minutes with catch-up and credits, it was shockingly short yet not disappointingly.