Stores

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
At a comics/toys shop (still trying to find that new The Star Wars comic) today, I bought an old Pirates Starting Lineup figure (pitcher Mike Dunne, BTW) and an Alpha Flight comic. Brought them up to the cashier; computer was running slow, and the guy apologized (I told him to not worry about it). Then, the amount was overcharged (again, I said, "no problem" as he was checking and correcting the error). I decided NOT to pay by credit card, in case more issues arose, so I handed him a $20... the change was wrong for a twenty OR a ten. He didn't think I had given him a Jackson, "and I can prove it," he said. Opened the cash drawer... and saw the $20. I got my correct change, but no other words from him. And to top it off, when I opened the comic at home, it was a 2nd printing. I don't think I will be back for a long, time. :(

Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
This was odd; in K-Mart, I noticed this item in their "discount" aisle. A great deal: was $9.99, now $9! A fake Lego KISS toy!
Just when you thought sales couldn't get any better, Kmart turns the dial up to 11 -- 11% off. Now if only Hasbro would make a Cold Slither set for their fake Lego GI Joe line...

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Anyone have "survival stories" from Black Friday? My mother asked me to get some poinsettias from Home Depot (a legit good deal), which opened at... 5am? :( My worst part of that, aside from an earlier awakening post-Thanksgiving than I'd prefer, was the shaky wheels on the cart. After coming home, and breakfast out, I hit Barnes & Noble (no good deals but some good gifts bought), JC Penney (awful, abhorrently-massive lines; bought nor even picked up anything; parking was terrible, too), Steinmart (some great deals, free water bottle! ;) ), K-Mart (decent stuff). Saw no Star Wars stuff worth buying (but I wasn't near TRU or W*M).

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Got some presents for the kids at Kohls. (Their normal prices suck, but they let you stack coupons and such.)

Stopped by Walmart and Target last night to check out blu-ray sales.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I went to a store in the outlet mall (which actually isn't all outlets, never really was), and apparently one of the alert tags wasn't removed from an item. Once I realized that (after alarms going off when I ENTERED stores), I kept going back to that store (the mall is an oval, so you'll always end up where you started if you keep walking). However, not wanting to have the alarms go off anymore, I went inside ZERO stores. Saving money anyway I can, I suppose!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I noticed that my socks purchase would've been about $45. Apparel-ently, I got their sales signs mixed: one was BOGO 50% off, the other BOGO for $1; therefore, I got NO sales. I didn't need socks THAT much, but then I became "that guy" who has to leave the items at the cashier and run back to get the "correct" item... and I had a... coupon. :( :ashamed:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
For the first time (but sadly I think not for the last time), I was asked upon entering a store, "Do you have any weapons?" :eek: If I say that this store was Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, does that explain it? :cry: Oh, world... when did we fail you so?

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
In a Best Buy today, I bought something that was $6.45 after tax and thought cash would be easier than credit (I gave her a $10 bill). The cashier: "Uh, I'll have to go get the drawer because I don't have any change." The store had been open for about an hour or so. About 2 minutes later, the transaction was completed. Sigh.