SW Expanded Univ. trivia thread

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I looked in all the threads, and unless I missed it, we don't have a thread about the teeny, tiny tidits of trivia from the novels, comics, or other EU areas of the Star Wars galaxy. Guess at an answer, then we can move onto another one! So, interested?
I'll start.

What is the SW name for a piece of paper? (Hint, there's two versions of the name)

dr_evazan22

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 5, 2002
Delaware
Visit site
I think one is flimsiplast. The spelling may be wrong. And the second.... It's on the tip of my brain, unfortunately, the part I don't usually use.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Republic credits. As for what Watto asked for, was it Trugats?

If so, next question, three-parter:
1) How many Padawans had Qui-Gon Jinn trained according to the Jedi Apprentice series?
2) Name them all.
3) How many Padawans did the Star Wars Episode I Visual Guide state that he'd trained (may or may not be a different number than the answer to part one)?

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
mabudon said:
I think Doc was lookin for "Daktaris" in particular, I mekt hev glind the sterm ;)

Back to what chux said ^
:)
Nice spellin' there Mabs. ;)

Weird timing, nobody responds for 3 1/2 hours from Chux's post then you and I both respond in the same minute.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
El Chuxter said:
If so, next question, three-parter:
1) How many Padawans had Qui-Gon Jinn trained according to the Jedi Apprentice series?
2) Name them all.
3) How many Padawans did the Star Wars Episode I Visual Guide state that he'd trained (may or may not be a different number than the answer to part one)?
1) Two? (Three if Anakin counts)
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi and Xanatos?
3) Uh, over 20,000? (Off the chart) I'll guess and say 3.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Right on all three, Bel-Cam Jos [III]. lol

The Illustrated Guide said Qui-Gon had gained Master status when he trained his first Padawan to Knighthood, and that his second, Xanatos, had fallen from grace. There is no confirmation anywhere else about any third Padawan. (Of course, it wouldn't be the first or last time an Illustrated Guide conflicted with every other source. Check out the E2 one vs the AOTC novelization for a huge conflict about how long the Lars family has lived on Tatooine. Lots of pretty pictures, though.)

Now, since I really screwed up the dataries question, a Bad Song Lyric of Shame:
"You are beautiful
In every single way
Words can't bring you down
Woah no
[Insert crash and "Hulk smash!" from some big green foam rubber Hulk gloves here for the full effect]"

Since no one else threw out a new one, who originally built the assassin droid C-3PX?

dr_evazan22

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 5, 2002
Delaware
Visit site
Good answers JT and DSS!

Tycho, I had to break out the SW Encyclopedia to try and answer your question, but I don't think this is right - Geith?

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
No, now I believe you have me confused. Geith might have been her previous Jedi Master (in her first life as a Jedi). I believe he was killed around the time of Episode 3 and the Great Jedi Purge.

I was looking for someone her second Jedi Master taught her alongside of.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
I can see the picture of the lame-o dude from the original Essential Guide to Characters but can't think of the name. He had some virus and had his brain transferred into a robot body, but died on the Eye of Palpatine when whoever first had the body Callista now has (assuming she's not (as we all hope) bantha poodoo by now), since he'd loved her and Luke was deluded by Callista's trampish ways into thinking he loved Callista.

As for the first EU creation, wouldn't that be Boba Fett? Or speeder bikes (I believe they showed up in Daley's Han Solo novels)? Or if you don't count those, the swoop and Outrider from the ANH:SE definitely predate Coruscant. . . even if only by a few weeks realtime. :)

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I am SO confused... are all the answers correct?
1. Flimsiplast is more commonly called flimsy in the SW universe, yes.

2. Darth Maul built C-3PX? I don't recall Maul being a part of the Dark Horse Droids series... I would've said Kalarba Enterprises or something.

3. Callista's training partner was... Kam Solistar? He was unique because he was a replica human/droid? He was killed but sacrificed his body for Callista's spirit?

4. The first EU thing to show up in the films was... the Imperial Landing Craft in SW:ANH:SE? Because that scene occurs before the swoop and Outrider do in the Mos Eisley part.

I dunno... :confused: