SW Galaxy 7 series

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
I'm hoping to pick up a set of these this coming weekend. My club is having a swap meet, and one of the guys did have extra sets for sale. If the price is right, I might pick up the chase cards, too.

I've resisted the urge to buy packs at the store. Just bought one so far.

I've gone on ebay and looked at the sketch cards. The artwork is great. If I could find one reasonably priced, I'd pick one up.

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
This thought came to me: wonder if Topps will have a series 7 promo card to hand out at C6? They've distributed exclusive promo cards before.

Also curious to see if Topps unveils or at least hints at the next series of cards to be released. I'm thinking if will be CW season 3, but I've been known to be wrong...from time to time. :pleased:

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
Just for the heck of it, I've been tempted to buy a few packs from the store, in hopes of getting a few more chase cards. I have a complete basic set and the chrome cards, but only a few of the extra-special chase cards.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I've thought the same thing. The stores here, however, have no such packs (only SW items I see are CCG packs or some sticker or pog things; I don't don't really know what they are, just that I don't even collect them, but...).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Apparently, at the very end of 2018, there was a new Galaxy set out. I have seen some 10-packs boxes at a few Targets. Haven't seen any cards aside from some online, and 2 insert sets (Most Wanted, Journey of Ahsoka). Will look into a complete set, methinks.

[edit] Found a pretty good online deal (with those 2 insert sets) on the complete 100-card set (I did see that some sources say it's a 150-set, so I'm not sure what the other 50 cards are). Will have to wait by the mailbox. Still would like to get a pack or two if I can find any.

[edit edit] As always, these series have excellent artwork, but this one (which is not listed as "SW Galaxy 8," BTW) doesn't have the artist's POV or intentions on the scene depicted, just a description of the character(s). That's a bit disappointing. Dave Filoni did the Ahsoka insert set, which is in a red/black shadowy style.

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
In a new post (instead of editing previous ones), I finished reading all the 2018 series card backs: the last part of the set (maybe the last half?) was "From the Archives," meaning old images, I guess; but the titles/captions were quite simplistic and basic. This just didn't seem right: like the Disney SW purchase. Things look pretty and nice, but there's not much depth to them upon further review, or just rehashing old stuff. Insert sad emoticon face here: :(