The Avengers

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I haven't seen it yet (probably won't get to it until closer to the end of this school year), but in my class last Friday, apparently a student who also hadn't seen it opening evening (Thu.) was accidentally informed of some plot detail. Her comment when I asked if someone had given away some spoiler: "Save yourself; it's too late for me." (the spoiler student did apologize profusely to her)

Reactions: Maradona

Maradona

Jedi Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
Echo Park
I had to admonish my students on Friday and Saturday morning NOT to spoil it, since I was going to see it later that day. I saw it. I was entertained by it. The theater was packed and loud. There were some moments that brought a lot of cheers. I will see it again some day, probably before the next one comes out.

Reactions: JediTricks

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Now I can breathe (and browse online) freely, having seen it at a 9:00am showing today (didn't know movies were shown that early). I will use the SPOILER feature below. But I did like it (I was the only one laughing in the theater a few times); not sure how to explain how I felt by the end, though. There were "only" 4 trailers; is that even legal?
I did not read the comics version of IW, so I don't know if this was featured in that series, although I doubt it... so half the world (and likely the galaxy) is gone? "Randomly," too? Hmm.

Rocket "Rabbit" was always funny. I liked how the tone and style of that/those characters' movies blended well with this one.

The actual deaths (not the blown-away ashes ones) were rough, especially Gamora's. Pretty crappy how some characters were just throw-away lines (Hawkeye, Ant Man come to mind).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I saw a movie! For a buck, too (rewards cashed in, plus a $5 Tuesday price helped). Spoilerize to your heart's content below...

I wasn't really surprised by much, but the word I'd use for this film is: gratuitous.
Cases in point:
- the light reflected in someone's eyes (Tony Stark's?)
- the "girl power" fight scene at the final battle
- Black Widow in the exact (IIRC) pose as Gamora after the Soul Stone scene
- "I... am... Iron... Man!"
- "Avengers... assemble."

But I enjoyed it, didn't mind the "long" 3 hours, nor the lack of a post-credits scene (makes sense, if this is The End), the most amount of trailers I think I've EVER seen in a theater (seeing SW9:ROS on a huge screen was cool), some cool or cute audience reactions (a young kid's "yeah!" was perfectly timed once), Thor "The Dude" imbibes, so many other MCU scenes replayed, Stan Lee's cameo (but I missed Jim Starlin's). Definitely worth the $1. :p