The Force Awakens Micro Machines!!!

Jangu Fett

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
The name says it all folks. Found a product list for the new Star Wars film over at rebelscum, nothing major, no character names, ships, etc. But the list DID have a number of Micro Machines items listed. And some bad news, Nothing for the new movie will be shown at NYTF next month. Here is the list.

Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Three Pack Assortment
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Deluxe Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Blind Bags Assortment
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Battle Set
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Figure Multi Pack
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Vehicle Set
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Remote Control Vehicle
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Villain Flagship

Jangu Fett

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
That is what I thought also. And it seems like this maybe a Micro Machines return. The list also has Die-cast ships listed under the Black Series. Really cannot wait for Celebration 2015 or SDCC, that's when we might get our first look at any or the new items. Here is the list:

Star Wars 7 3.75 In Figure Assortment
Star Wars 7 3.75 In Armor Figure Assortment
Star Wars 7 Figure Two Pack Assortment
Star Wars 7 Figures Snow Desert
Star Wars 7 Hero Series Deluxe Figure Assortment
Star Wars 7 Hero Series Figure Assortment

Star Wars 7 Class I Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 Class I Deluxe Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 Class II Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 Class II Deluxe Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 Starfighter Vehicle
Star Wars 7 3.75 In Hero Vehicle
Star Wars 7 Hero Series Figure Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 The Black Series 6-Inch Starfighter

Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Three Pack Assortment
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Deluxe Vehicle Assortment
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Blind Bags Assortment
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Battle Set
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Figure Multi Pack
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Vehicle Set
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Remote Control Vehicle
Star Wars 7 Micro Machine Villain Flagship

Star Wars 7 The Black Series Diecast Vehicle Single
Star Wars 7 The Black Series Diecast Vehicle Multi Pack

Star Wars 7 Remote Control Droid

Star Wars 7 Hero Mashers Basic Figures Assortment
Star Wars 7 Hero Mashers Deluxe Figures Assortment
Star Wars 7 Hero Mashers Multi Pack
Star Wars 7 Hero Mashers Battle Pack
Star Wars 7 Hero Mashers Attack Vehicle

Star Wars 7 Signature Lightsaber
Star Wars 7 Deluxe Villain Lightsaber
Star Wars 7 Electronic Lightsaber Assortment
Star Wars 7 Extendable Lightsaber Assortment
Star Wars 7 Villain Extendable Lightsaber
Star Wars 7 Foam Lightsaber Assortment
Star Wars 7 Force FX Lightsaber
Star Wars 7 Force FX Lightsaber Assortment
Star Wars 7 The Black Series Villain Helmet
Star Wars 7 Mask Assortment
Star Wars 7 Chewbacca Electronic Mask
Star Wars 7 Lead Villain Electronic Mask
Star Wars 7 Darth Vader Voice Change Mask

Nerf Star Wars 7 Villain Trooper Blaster 1
Nerf Star Wars 7 Villain Trooper Blaster 2
Nerf Star Wars 7 Alien Blaster
Nerf Star Wars 7 Ammo Refill

Jangu Fett

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Just thought of something, with no new film Toys being shown at Toy Fair next month(REALLY SUCKS). The list has me wondering if we'll see new Micro Machones for Rebels, PT and OT. Really would loce a Micro of the Ghost and Inquisitor TIE. If they show new Micros and Die-cast next month, along with a Ghost fro the 3" figures, I might be able to wait till April or July for all TFA toys.

Darth Carlos

Jedi Initiate
Dec 15, 2007
Bellflower, CA
I have not posted on this forum for over 6 years. I hope the news of the Micro Machines set is true but let the size be compatible in size, detail and material to the cool Galoob style micros from back in the 90's. Crossing fingers!!!!

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
New MMs and AFs would be fantastic, but considering Hot Wheels currently has the existing license for die cast vehicles, I'm surprised Hasbro wants to go forward with MMs when they've botched every past attempt. I guess it's just brand-jealousy.

Jangu Fett

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
I don't know. I did read that this may be a actual return of the micro machines. As for the Die-Cast, I don't know what the difference will be between the 2 companies. I can't remember where, but apparently a Habro rep. stated that they want to go back to what worked in the past. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Their words. If I can find the article I post a link.

Darth Carlos

Jedi Initiate
Dec 15, 2007
Bellflower, CA
Let's hope that Hasbro uses the template of what Galoob used to make "Micro Machines" sets so cool. Hopefully they're to scale with the past vehicles and minifigures. Hi, JediTricks, its been a long time since I posted anything about Micro Machines. Hasbro, don't disappoint us.

Darth Carlos

Jedi Initiate
Dec 15, 2007
Bellflower, CA
London Toy Fair starts tomorrow!! We may get some descriptions since no pics are allowed. I'm having a hard time waiting till September. Need to know what we'll be getting.:crazed:

Jangu Fett

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Unfortunetly, we won't see anything for TFA. We won't see that till Celebration 2015 in Anaheim. At the earliest. I'm hoping to hear about the Micro Machines. PT, OT and Rebel sets. We might hear or see lego sets for the new movie, but I doubt it. Disney wants to do something big for the release or the new movie toys.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Here's the thing, the recipe that made Micro Machines work was essentially not having Hasbro management overhead to deal with. The benchmark for success or failure for Galoob was considerably different than for the company that bought them. So it's not just that design team from Galoob having specific focus, it's not just passionate design from Jim K Fong, it's all that plus a lack of a large corporation's overhead and such that allowed Galoob to focus so heavily on marketing this one brand.

Can Hasbro make Micro Machines again? Yeah, although their first pass at little Die Cast back in the day showed a lack of understanding, but they picked it up over time.

Can Hasbro make a Micro Machines market thrive again? That is a different story altogether, one we won't know the answer to for at least a year (their previous attempts are not encourage though).

Darth Carlos

Jedi Initiate
Dec 15, 2007
Bellflower, CA
JT I know what you mean. I've been disappointed by Hasbro in the past. I'm just hoping that they get it right this time. I know it wont be like when Galoob was around but just crossing my fingers that what we get is similar to what came before. There are so many cool micro size vehicles and mini figures that can be made.

Ep. I
Ep. II
Ep. III
Clone Wars
Rebels
The Force Awakens

and other Star Wars movies and spin-offs.

Jangu Fett

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Ok, I don't know what's going to happen at SDCC. Disney has said that they might not attend, and that if they do nothing for The Force Awakens will be shown. Now I'm wondering does that include Hasbro, Mattel and Lego? Or if this is just footage or new trailer, they mean. They are waitnung till their D23 in August.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
They did this with the Marvel stuff one year, pointing all that interest to D23, however licensees still had booths and Marvel (a Disney company) still had a booth, as did ABC. But with Star Wars, while they might not bring a Lucasfilm panel, generally Lucasfilm is who rents the pavilion space in the exhibit hall that all the non-major SW licensees have their booths in, including the SW store, and Hasbro and Gentle Giant stay close to the Lucasfilm pavilion, so if Disney pulls out there it'd be a big problem. My guess is they're just managing expectations of seeing movie content at the convention, Hasbro and Matty and Lego will still have their booths but may or may not be embargoed on revealing product, and I highly doubt they'll make those SW licensees go to D23 in that same level.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Same ships, new molds. Also, they have the Falcon and Star Destroyer at a larger box pricepoint. The paint looks fairly good on these, but they haven't pried money out of my hands for them yet. I was tempted on the Star Destroyer just because it's never been done at this scale though. All the Speeder Bikes are super warped in package.