The Forums Are Not Working Right for me

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Every post I make says it must be subject to a moderator approval.

After I visit a thread and hit my "User CP" button, the system is instead returning me to the forum sub-category.

Like I get to the Clone Wars thread and when I'm done, instead of going back to my subscribed threads page, I'm returned to the Star Wars TV sub-category.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Yeah, I haven't heard back from Steve yet. It's because you're account has incorrectly be tagged a spammer and puts them in the moderation queue. I've approved more of your messages, but this needs to be fixed, it's frustrating for both of us.

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
A new spam filter was put into place and it thinks your posts are spam. You are the ONLY one it does it to and it says it will correct it in time.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I'm uh...singularly honored. :upset:

JT: Steve has constructed a new automatic program designed for him to see how long the system drives both of us nuts.

And I had just completed 18 different threads concerning each of the top 18 reasons Michael Bay is awesome, too. They should be in the que for you to read and approve :crazed:

I hope you will approve each of my 90,000 word essays. I've worked so hard on them. :D

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Whatever you did, I think I can post again. But there are still great posts of mine, legendary text that will be forever remembered as the finest of the electronic age of literature, which are still in the post-to-be-approved cue.

One in this thread preceedes this very post.

But thanks Steve! It looks like I'm back on board! :)

Jan 2, 2011
Same happened to my case also. They tagged me as a spammer and put my posts for moderator approval. They fixed it up very quickly. Now everything is fine. You keep posting. It will be in queue and they will approve it together. I know after working hard the post is in queue for approval, it hurts..[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Yup. My problem was resolved a long time ago - thanks SirSteve!

My posts are not spam, I hope.

Meanwhile, if you call the toll-free number within the next 5 minutes, I'll think of something else to write :D

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
On a similar note, the "New Posts" feature doesn't seem to be working properly. I don't know if that's because posts were ported from the old forum or just a kink in the new software.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
In Firefox and Chrome, when I click to bring up a cursor in the search box in the navbar, it acts like I clicked a link to the photo gallery. In those browsers, there is no way to search from that box, anything I do to get it going sees it as a click of the photos link. In IE however, that problem does not happen.

I'm unable to use the "Search" feature. I get an error message that says I must be registered. I thought I have been for the past decade or so...
That's odd, I used a test account and it works fine when I'm logged in. However, when I'm logged out, it gives a rather weird response of:
The answer given for the random question was incorrect.

On a similar note, the "New Posts" feature doesn't seem to be working properly. I don't know if that's because posts were ported from the old forum or just a kink in the new software.
How so? It's working for me, although not properly deviated between stuff that's been posted since the last time I visited and stuff that was here when I last visited and I just haven't read.

Also, there's a flaw in the pagination on New Posts results pages, showing only the pages displayed as total pages despite there being more - so it only shows a range of 1-5 despite there being 8 pages.

And there's another flaw in New Posts where the link that's supposed to take you to the newest unread post doesn't work from that page, despite it working fine in the thread itself.

mtriv73

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
This seems like as good a place to post this as any...

I'm having trouble with threads that have a lot of pages and attachments. The attachment icon is covering up the last page button. For example, when I think I'm clicking on page 103 of the what's everyone having for lunch thread to see what JP had today, I get a pop up box with a link to nightmare at 20000 feet_header.jpg . (That sounds really stalkerish, so I want to make it clear that that's just an example.:))

It only happens in threads started by someone with a user name longer than Jedi_Kal-el, so it's the started by part of the line that's causing the problem. COuld this be put on lower line or have the font size reduced to fix it?

SirSteve

Grand Master
Aug 1, 2001
www.TheForceGuide.com
This seems like as good a place to post this as any...

I'm having trouble with threads that have a lot of pages and attachments. The attachment icon is covering up the last page button. For example, when I think I'm clicking on page 103 of the what's everyone having for lunch thread to see what JP had today, I get a pop up box with a link to nightmare at 20000 feet_header.jpg . (That sounds really stalkerish, so I want to make it clear that that's just an example.:))

It only happens in threads started by someone with a user name longer than Jedi_Kal-el, so it's the started by part of the line that's causing the problem. COuld this be put on lower line or have the font size reduced to fix it?
Make sure you are using the latest web browser...

mtriv73

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing whether I'm using the latest firefox version, IE 8, or the browser on my phone.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Yeah, I have seen this too, the problem is overrun on certain pages, the new version of the forums software doesn't handle it properly. The new dropdown system doesn't work perfectly either, especially on smaller views, the Quick Nav doesn't scroll on them.

I would suggest for now jumping into a thread on an earlier page, from there you can click the last page number or even key in the page number manually by clicking "page X of X" which will give you a dropdown.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Whenever I click on the "Reply to Thread" blue button and the Quick Reply box opens below it, I have to pull down on the scroll arrow in the bottom right of the box to activate the cursor and begin typing. It's not a big thing, but it happens every time (even when it's a "Reply with Quote" choice).