The Forums Are Not Working Right for me

nohagent

Jedi Initiate
Website
Visit site
Overall, I think these forums are not as enjoyable or friendly as the last incarnation of them. I want to see more like I used to, here it looks so limited now.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
I just tested it via IE8 (I have no idea why my system hasn't auto-updated it to 9, but whatever) and the cursor came right up for me. Granted, the box is BARELY showing above the status bar because stupid IE seems to be pulling too high to that part of the page, but the last thing I can see is the blinking cursor there.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Nope, because minimizing the toolbar does nothing to the box. And the reply box is about 4" in height; after I drag the scroll bar arrow down any length, then the cursor becomes active.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Website
Visit site
From the forums page, clicking the double arrow next to the last poster's name takes me to the top of last page, not the last post. Not a huge problem but then clicking on the "view first unread" refreshes the page and then the colored boxes change so that they all appear to be read. This isn't a catastrophe, but it's not ideal.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
From the forums page, clicking the double arrow next to the last poster's name takes me to the top of last page, not the last post. Not a huge problem but then clicking on the "view first unread" refreshes the page and then the colored boxes change so that they all appear to be read. This isn't a catastrophe, but it's not ideal.
This is a known issue that we're working to get properly and fully addressed. Thanks for your input, I hadn't thought to try the ones on the front page, only in the forums, so that adds to the clues needed to solve the issue.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
Yay! This is fixed. The new posts' icons are currently blue instead of red (old posts' icons are white) but the system behavior is working again.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Website
www.geocities.com
I told Steve about this last week, not sure what came of it as I've been pretty busy lately, but I'll keep an eye out out and report more as I see it.

Top Bottom