The Galactic Files

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
A friend's been telling me about this new set of cards for a while. Now here's the official word.

The Largest, Most Comprehensive Star Wars Trading Card Set. Ever.

This fall, celebrate the 35th anniversary of Star Wars with Star Wars Galactic Files, the most epic Star Wars set Topps has ever produced:
•350 Card Base Set
•Three Levels of Base Card Parallels: Blue (350 per subject), Red (35 per subject) and 1/1 Gold
•10 Card "Duels of Fate" Set (1:6 Packs)
•8 Card "I Have a Bad Feeling About This" Set (1:4 packs)
•10 Card "Classic Lines" Set (1:4 Packs)
•10 Card "Heroes on Both Sides" Set (1:6 Packs)
•20 Card Foil Set (1:6 Packs)
•Artist Sketch Cards (1:Box)
•Plus One Manufactured Patch (Relic) Card or One Autograph Per Box. Signers include Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ray Park, and more!

One word: insane. It could easily take you years to complete a basic set.

I hope Topps has a set of Galactic Files on display at C6.

FYI: my same source said Topps is no longer release promo cards. No value or something in it.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I saw the word "target" on the website I posted, but then I read further and it says "target audience" of the set ("Star Wars Fans, Set Builders, Autograph Collectors, Entertainment Card Collectors".) Hmm. No hobby shops around me sell SW cards of any kind. :(

I did get those 4 promo cards yesterday. I like the connections to other card numbers (with images) on the bottom of the back.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Checked Target: no dice. And, no card packs either. :p Will need to search for "local" (read: within 20 miles?!?) hobby shops, I guess. :( Online auctions seem to be running easily over $100 for complete sets right now. :wewillbepatient: :greedy:

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
One of the online dealers I've purchased from in the past is selling the basic set and C6 cards for $35.

Someone in my club may have sets for sale in the next few weeks. I've bought the last few sets from him. I'm thinking he'll be asking about the same.

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
One of the online vendors I've purchased from in the past is selling the basic set, with the four C6 cards, for $35.

Someone in my club has bought a case or two and might have extra sets for sale, but it won't be for $10, he says.

OC47150

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 16, 2001
New Albany, Ind.
Visit site
Guess what I found at the Target Boutique this morning? Yep, Galactic Files! $3.19 a pack. I bought three packs. No sketch or auto or other fancy cards...yet.

The card itself is a high-quality stock, nice and heavy.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I found some Jumbo Packs at Target, which were 16 cards (for $5.29) in two 8-card pouches. I got four (but kicked myself for leaving my $5 gift card at home :( ). No duplicates at all, and a few insert subsets ("I Have a Bad...," Famous Quotes, Duels of Fate, Heroes on Both Sides) cards, but I don't think I got any different color cards (if they're even still doing that).

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I'll have to look for the jumbo packs.
Here's what the jumbo packs look like... and BTW, are there "different" packs (I see in online pics that Bespin Luke is on the hobby packs) out there, with various characters on them?

p.s. Found three 9-card packs at Target (with Yoda on the wrapper), and pulled a "Heroes," a "Bad Feeling," AND a foil one of Han's Cloud City Torture. Also, my first duplicate cards. But I ordered the set (plus two of the insert subsets) online for under $33 including shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I've been reading the backs of the full set (I also got the "Heros on Both Sides," "Classic Lines," and "I Have A Bad feeling" subsets), which are ripe with EU and trivia info., plus some not-seen-before pics. on the fronts and backs. This is a great set, especially for those who are new to SW.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Some specific things noted: errors and oddities (the Battles of Endor and Hoth have had incorrect years listed in different cards [2 or 3 ABY, and 3 or 4 ABY], 4LOM had some Force Power, the Spirit Obi-Wan still registered on the "Speed" category while Duchess Satine gets a 0 in Intelligence).

I have a complete set, so I have about 50 extra regular cards, plus some subset extras (HB-5, HB-8, BF-2, BF-4, and CL-1), if "anyone" wants to trade or deal. That's based on ALL the DIFFERENT posters in this thread, of course. :rolleyes: