The Walking Dead

Apr 28, 2013
Carol's Miss Happy Homemaker persona was shattered with her little chat with the kid. Here's a hint, kid: don't eat her cookies!

I was half expecting Andrew and his partner to make a pass at Darryl.

This little utopian society is interesting. On the surface, it looks like a more sane version of Woodbury, maybe even Mayberry, but beneath the surface.... Hmmm.

Lord Malakite

Jedi Council Member
Sep 30, 2001
Williamsburg, OH
Carol's Miss Happy Homemaker persona was shattered with her little chat with the kid. Here's a hint, kid: don't eat her cookies!

I was half expecting Andrew and his partner to make a pass at Darryl.

This little utopian society is interesting. On the surface, it looks like a more sane version of Woodbury, maybe even Mayberry, but beneath the surface.... Hmmm.
Maybe its just me, but did this episode give anyone else a subtle "Scarlet Letter" vibe/nod with Rick trying to pull a "Shane" on the Dr.'s wife and the boy giving him a red "A" hand stamp?

Tycho

Jedi Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
The walker had a W carved into its forehead.

A could stand for Alexandria.

Yes, Rick is turning into Shane and the governor.

The logical reason adultery was forbidden by "holy commandment" is thar it's motivation for murder. This is the one sin that can never be undone.

Apr 28, 2013
Maybe its just me, but did this episode give anyone else a subtle "Scarlet Letter" vibe/nod with Rick trying to pull a "Shane" on the Dr.'s wife and the boy giving him a red "A" hand stamp?
Rick had that look that he wanted to spend some quality time with the doc's wife. I took that as natural human need since he hadn't been physical with a woman since Lori's death. Just a basic need.

I didn't read much into the hand stamp, just a harmless kiddie thing.

The fact that the gun Rick hid in the abandoned mixer is more intriguing. Who did it?

Apr 28, 2013
Though it started slow, this ep really gained speed.

No major SPOILERS but for those who haven't watched yet....

All is not what it seems in Alexandria.

Did you get the idea that Sam would sell Carol out for a chocolate-chip cookie?

Preacher Gabriel had his faith questioned at the beginning, then spilled his guts to Deanna at the end.

That was a bloody end for Noah. I viewed it as a sacrifice not for the guys, but past transgressions.

Eugene redeemed himself...just a little bit.

The broken owls. A distraction or something bigger?

Now next week's ep looks real good.

Apr 28, 2013
This week's ep was a fascinating look at how the crew is or isn't adapting to Alexandria. Looks like Carl is the only one doing well.

Rick is smitten with Jessie. In a perfect world, Rick would be her savior from Drunk Pete. But here, no. And Drunk Pete almost takes Rick!

Sasha is out playing lone gunman.

Glenn's come to Jesus moment with Nicholas was nice. These folks don't know what they're doing.

Apr 28, 2013
Okay, I will start, and this may contain spoilers. BEWARE!!!

* I thought Glenn was going to die. Out in the woods with crazy Nicholas. But glad Glenn didn't. If a major character died again this season, I think the fans would've revolted.

* Didn't bother me Pete died. He had to pay for his crime, the crime of killing Deanna's husband. But it took this act for Deanna realized they are like lambs to the slaughter without Rick and the others. It will be interesting to see if Rick develops a relationship with Jessie next season.

It was

* After teasing it all season, nice to see Morgan hooking up with the group...finally. Hope Lennie James is a regular next season. I like him as an actor.

* Will Gabriel be held accountable for not closing the gate? Who knows.

* The introduction of the Wolves is a nice setup for next season. Who are these guys?

The Alexandria story arc was a lot about adapting, to new surroundings, new people and new situations. It's hard for the majority of people. But after the incident, Rick, Carol, Darryl and the others are going to bond better with Deanna's group, IMO.

It was a good solid ep. I will catch it again before the fall premiere and dissect it further.

And the spin-off show looks good. Can't wait for that!

bigbarada

Jedi Apprentice
Aug 15, 2001
Hillsboro, IL
www.matt-hughes.com
Carol continues to be one of my favorite characters in this series. The scene where she was holding the knife up to Pete's throat was the highlight for me. It's great to see a strong, well-written female character that doesn't need to rely on "sex appeal".

There was so much buzz about a major character dying in the finale that I'm actually glad everyone survived (from Rick's group, at least). The worst thing that can happen to this show is for it to become predictable.

It seemed that Gabriel reached a turning point by the end of the episode, which I was glad to see. His attempt at zombie-assisted suicide was thwarted by his own will to survive, which was obviously stronger than his wish to die. Similar to Beth's suicide attempt in season 2. I'm hoping that he loses the clergy vestments, mainly because it's inaccurate. He was found holed up in a Methodist church and Methodists don't wear the black robes with the reversed collar. That's strictly for Catholics (and maybe Lutherans).

Tycho

Jedi Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I was glad to see Eugene step up. Didn't know if he could or will continue to be, but he's preparing to.

BigB, you were in the Army, and though there were guys you'd predict would wash out of boot camp it must have been nice to see some meet the challenge when nobody thought they would. Eugene is capable now but it could go either way. Gabriel has gone too far for me and I would not stop to save him.

I agree with all of your insightful analysis. Glen is another character who I do not want to ever see die. he's been on the show since the very second episode ever.

if Rick is meant to go on alone ever, some characters could be left behind Alexandria's walls but still alive.

Apr 28, 2013
I have to say, this was one of the best eps in a very long time, and it had to do with one scene. You know the one I'm talkin' about!

Not if the rest of the second part of the season can be this good.

Apr 28, 2013
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the largest collection of former soldiers Rick and crew has came across, right? Think it would've happened before now after six seasons. Nice supply of weapons, ammo and MREs.