Okay, I will start, and this may contain spoilers. BEWARE!!!
* I thought Glenn was going to die. Out in the woods with crazy Nicholas. But glad Glenn didn't. If a major character died again this season, I think the fans would've revolted.
* Didn't bother me Pete died. He had to pay for his crime, the crime of killing Deanna's husband. But it took this act for Deanna realized they are like lambs to the slaughter without Rick and the others. It will be interesting to see if Rick develops a relationship with Jessie next season.
* After teasing it all season, nice to see Morgan hooking up with the group...finally. Hope Lennie James is a regular next season. I like him as an actor.
* Will Gabriel be held accountable for not closing the gate? Who knows.
* The introduction of the Wolves is a nice setup for next season. Who are these guys?
The Alexandria story arc was a lot about adapting, to new surroundings, new people and new situations. It's hard for the majority of people. But after the incident, Rick, Carol, Darryl and the others are going to bond better with Deanna's group, IMO.
It was a good solid ep. I will catch it again before the fall premiere and dissect it further.
And the spin-off show looks good. Can't wait for that!
Carol continues to be one of my favorite characters in this series. The scene where she was holding the knife up to Pete's throat was the highlight for me. It's great to see a strong, well-written female character that doesn't need to rely on "sex appeal".
There was so much buzz about a major character dying in the finale that I'm actually glad everyone survived (from Rick's group, at least). The worst thing that can happen to this show is for it to become predictable.
It seemed that Gabriel reached a turning point by the end of the episode, which I was glad to see. His attempt at zombie-assisted suicide was thwarted by his own will to survive, which was obviously stronger than his wish to die. Similar to Beth's suicide attempt in season 2. I'm hoping that he loses the clergy vestments, mainly because it's inaccurate. He was found holed up in a Methodist church and Methodists don't wear the black robes with the reversed collar. That's strictly for Catholics (and maybe Lutherans).
I was glad to see Eugene step up. Didn't know if he could or will continue to be, but he's preparing to.
BigB, you were in the Army, and though there were guys you'd predict would wash out of boot camp it must have been nice to see some meet the challenge when nobody thought they would. Eugene is capable now but it could go either way. Gabriel has gone too far for me and I would not stop to save him.
I agree with all of your insightful analysis. Glen is another character who I do not want to ever see die. he's been on the show since the very second episode ever.
if Rick is meant to go on alone ever, some characters could be left behind Alexandria's walls but still alive.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the largest collection of former soldiers Rick and crew has came across, right? Think it would've happened before now after six seasons. Nice supply of weapons, ammo and MREs.