Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Adam

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 13, 2002
North Dallas
Visit site
Siege Voyager Optimus is very good, so close to being my ideal Optimus in fact. Really the only thing holding him back is the truck mode, which isn't bad but so close to being G1 looking, and the kinda crappy weathering.

Megatron is not quite as good, but I think probably the best Megatron of that size in the Generations line. His tank mode is just ok, and in bot mode his "neck plate" doesn't peg in or otherwise be prevented from sinking down. Even that isn't really terrible and allows him to look down, kinda. He doesn't have a ball joint next so that the only up and down motion he's got there.

Hound is fine, bigger than his Universe counterpart. I like the little addition of a magazine drum that can plug into either gun, or all three can be combined to form a large rifle.

Flywheels is okay, but the tank portion has some fitting issue that won't let me plug in the turret straight one, which is kind of annoying.

Adam

Jedi Apprentice
Feb 13, 2002
North Dallas
Visit site
I also was pretty amused to find that G1 Optimus Prime on one shelf, wrapped and bent up with a security tag, for $50 with voyager Prime directly under him for cheaper.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Picked up Titans Return Overlord from Marshalls for $13. THIRTEEN BUCKS FOR A LEADER-CLASS! It's an interesting figure, for $13 a no-brainer, pretty decent articulation, especially below the waist. But I really feel like it needed one more gimmick or something, as a Leader-Class it feels a bit simple.

Picked up Siege Hound, my first Siege figure. It's decent, tries to do a little too much with its transformation, so it feels complicated and simple at the same time. I do like the drum mag, that's a fun addition. I'm still not sold on the Siege line as a whole.

Preordered Ectotron, the Transformers/Ghostbusters 35th anniversary crossover figure based on Combiner Wars Hot Spot. That looks so fun.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I got leader class Megatron from Dark of the Moon. I spent about a 90 minutes in my comic book shop figuring out how to transform him with other Transformer fans help. It was a great toy and fun to play with in a group. Ultimately we had to go to one of those YouTube videos. I swear the instructions were written from Ikea.

Overall he has a great figure and very impressive. It is the right scale Fort their Studio series but I almost wish he was even a bit bigger because it would go better with other figures from other lines because I am not buying the same characters I already own again in the studio series. There are few exceptions here and there.