Triple Force Friday is here!

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
Triple because it's launching the new movie stuff, the new video game stuff, and the new Mandalorian show stuff.

Force because you have to force yourself to buy some of it.

Friday because that's the day of the week.

I got The Black Series Second Sister and Mandalorian from Amazon, and later today will venture out to Disney Store, Gamestop, and Target.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
This will come as no surprise, but Cal Kestis, Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, and the Offworld Jawa are the pegwarmers.

InsaneJediGirl

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 12, 2002
Earth
I think one of the "Fs" in TFF was Frozen, because that was well stocked.

Pegwarmers around here look like Kylo, Rey and Offworld Jawa thus far. Product was extremely limited to nonexistent here south of Atlanta. Most pegs were just as empty as last week.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
Just wasn't the same without TRU.

I had the best luck at Meijer, of all places. Found the basic BS Mando figure and TVC Bliss and Knight of Ren.

I bought one of the first-day BS Rens at WM.

I bought one of the Cal Kestis figures, El Chuxter. I thought he looked pretty cool.

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
I received Black Series Mandalorian and Second Sister from Amazon, and picked up a back-up Second Sister from Disney Store (which doesn't honor the 10% off for Disney credit card holders on these). The Amazon pieces arrived in standard packaging, the Disney Store had the white first edition packaging. I also stopped in Target and GameStop on Friday, both were pathetically-stocked and still trying to push old product as the exciting new release - great job, idiots.

Disney Store was sold out of TBS Mandalorians, had 1 Second Sister, a few Jawas and Cal Kestises, a couple Kylos and Reys, and a metric ton of the re-released Stormtrooper with shield.

Target had a single TVC Luke X-wing with a poorly-glued wig.

Disney Store did have a trio of lithograph posters for the 3 releases with a silver embossed stamp in one corner included with any Star Wars purchase that day, in a nice "Triple Force Friday" envelope.

The Mandalorian is a really cool figure, I love the new neck articulation, and it looks like there's a dummy 'face' under the helmet were it possible to remove said helmet. Unfortunately, my figure has the hips of a marionette, he absolutely cannot stand on his own legs whatsoever - I'm not sure what I'm going to do as this is the hot figure of the line right now, so I don't expect to be able to replace him. I think his hips are ball joints on the T-crotch again even though some new figures are V-crotch, so maybe I can pop those and clean off the mold release oil, and if that doesn't do it, maybe buy some of that Future floor polish that the Transformers crowd uses to beef up loose ball joints.

The Second Sister is absolutely cool and has a real presence despite no removable faceplate. The articulation is so stock that I wouldn't be surprised to learn she was designed 2 years ago, but for her it works, there's a lot of emotive presence in this figure. The cape looks great, the cape-less shoulderpads are only ok. My first one has a mold problem on the visor and a paint problem on the skirt, luckily I had the foresight to buy a backup. She'll be menacing my SW Rebels figures from now on, despite a different look from Rebels.

InsaneJediGirl

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 12, 2002
Earth
Went to a little podunk WM today, no SW items to be found. So happy I didn't hit any WMs on Force Friday and went to Target and GameStop instead. I was talking to Chux and I told him I wouldn't be surprised if most Wal-Marts aren't holding this stuff until closer to Black Friday. Its happened before in my area.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
Cal is a really solid figure and a great likeness of the actor.

Just no one knows anything about him yet.

Also, idle speculation, but from the few clues we've gotten, I'm guessing the Second Sister is Bariss Offee. Which means two prominent Inquisitors are female Mirilians, but not like that kind of thing has been an issue before.

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
Chux, she's Bariss? Good theory. Only bought 3 3/4 Zori and Rey. I have people who will hold the KoR for me. I'll get 2 of him.

I've read what I think is a very good scene-by-scene outline of E9, and I'm buying my figures accordingly to what I want to make. My guess is the Sith Troopers (stupid name in light of what people should know about "Sith" non-Force sensitives), don't do anything but line up like an Emperors Arrival scene.

I also plan to buy the 6-inch accordingly. I had a friend get me the Comic-Con red Stormtrooper as a gift. So I might buy a companion for him.

I was not planning to buy anything on Force Friday so I went over at 10 and they still had all the 6-inch at Target. The 3 3/4 inch were sold out so we expect that's where the collectors are going to focus. Or the stores just order more black series?

The new Disney animated style figures tempt me. I like how they make a dread speeder. I was going to do this in 3 3/4 in but wonder if they will make air stiff for the animated Style? This is the 5 in. I might make the scene that way.

It's something to do.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I have been to a few stores this week, and bought (and have seen) little, mostly books.
- books (finally found the Journey to ROS: Spark of Resistance yesterday; got Dooku, Be More Leia/Lando, & paperback of M&A; passed on How Not to Get Eaten By Ewoks for right now)
- uh... that's it (not mostly books, but ONLY books)

- considered, even holding some in my hands to purchase or not to purchase (3.75" figures: Zorii Bliss, Poe, Little Red Stormtrooper... saw couple others; Hallmark stuff: 3 metal lightsabers ornaments for $40?!? and other so-so products; trading cards: 8- or 10-pack Skywalker Saga box; vehicles: Poe's X-Wing; t-shirts: too many to count)

Call it "Triple Play Friday," 'cause I was out 3-times as fast on the basepaths! :(

InsaneJediGirl

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 12, 2002
Earth
Finally found my TVC X-Wing Luke. Walmart in the sticks had two "first editions" - Rey and Jawa - and the TVC Sith Trooper, Rey, Luke and one other I can't remember. Really odd about the set ups at the local WMs. Never put out the pallet for the toys. In my area is mainly doll or Hotwheel or Christmas center aisle displays.