Trivia

Kidhuman

Jedi Knight
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Ventures Yard Sale
Suprised no one started this yet. But Answer and ask, you know the deal. Heres a few:

1) Boomtown Rats wrote a song called I Dont Like Monday's. WHat is it referencing?

2) What group did Tu Pac start with?

3) What incident started Roger Waters in writing the Wall, and where did it occur?

Last edited by a moderator:

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
I'll take a stab at the one that I think I know......

#2) What group did Tu Pac start with?

Digital Underground? I know he can be seen in the video for "The Humpty Dance."

Jim Jam

Bossk77

Jedi Initiate
Feb 5, 2005
Dumpster behind Mac's Deli
I am bent about 3. I know the message of the wall and understand all of the images ect. but his insperation i dont know... Give a hint. Age he was when he wrote it perhaps.:classic:

LusiferSam

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 22, 2002
montana
kidhuman said:
3) What incident started Roger Waters in writing the Wall, and where did it occur?
He spit in the face of a fan while on the Animals tour (called "In the Flesh" I believe). It happened in Montreal.

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
LusiferSam said:
He spit in the face of a fan while on the Animals tour (called "In the Flesh" I believe). It happened in Montreal.
Was the fan giving him crap or something? Why did he go Axl Rose on this guy?

Jim Jam

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
kidhuman said:
1) Boomtown Rats wrote a song called I Dont Like Monday's. WHat is it referencing?
I don't know all the details, but there was a school shooting somewhere and, when questioned, the kid who did the shooting merely replied, "I don't like Mondays."

Kidhuman

Jedi Knight
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Ventures Yard Sale
LS and Chux correct.

Chux, I believe it was a little girl who shot the kids in school and replied I dont like Mondays when asked. And It was in California, San Diego I believe.

Feel free to offer up some addtional questions: here are a couple more....

Who was the original drummer for the Beatles?

What does Don Henley say when asked "What does Hotel California mean?"

LusiferSam

Jedi Apprentice
Jan 22, 2002
montana
JimJamBonds said:
Was the fan giving him crap or something? Why did he go Axl Rose on this guy?

Jim Jam
As Roger tells the story, the young man was climbing up the netting that the band was using to symbolize a human cattle pen. This fan, while climbing was screaming out his devotion to the band (as most of the audience likely were). In the years since Dark Side Roger had grown increasingly frustrated with the audience and lack of respect that comes with going from a club band to a
stadium band ("a walk on part in the war for a lead-role in a cage"). All that rage just boiled over and he spat in the guy's face. Roger said he felt shocked and appalled by his behavior afterwards. Hence the idea was born to build a wall on stage to symbolize the wall that he felt now separated the him (and the band) from the audience. The album then grew from that idea.

El Chuxter

Jedi Peacekeeper
Aug 16, 2001
Artemis Club
'K, I couldn't remember the exact details, but here's my question:

What was the very Tolkien-esque name of Tyrannosaurus Rex's first "drummer"?

JimJamBonds

Jedi Commander
May 22, 2005
www.myspace.com
1) What was Freddie Mercury doing that gave him the inspiration for the song "Bicycle Race"

2) What is the key that if a song is in it will "cause people to weep instantly?"

3) What used to be Moe Szyslak's former favorite song? And who wrote it?

BanthaPoodoo

Jedi Initiate
Apr 6, 2002
Visit site
kidhuman said:
What does Don Henley say when asked "What does Hotel California mean?"
In a 1995 interview, Don Henley said the song "sort of captured the zeitgeist of the time, which was a time of great excess in this country and in the music business in particular." In another interview that same year, he referred to it as being about a "loss of innocence."

Read on a webpage that it is also a metaphor for the west coast music industry and its effect on the talented but unworldy musicians who find themselves ensnared in its glittering web.