TROS Blu-Ray and Bonus DVD and Gallery Book and kitchen sink...

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
I fit this in-store purchase with a "grocery run" to Target (hey, they had bags of rice AND t.p. there! ). I watched the Bonus DVD (it was mainly about visual effects, about 25 min. long) and skimmed through the Gallery Book (I assume some of this would also be in the Art of TROS book, once I get a chance to read that one, too). With time to look more closely (definitely need to do that during the Battle of Exegol, and along the crowds at the Festival of the Ancestors [I think?] on Paasana), it'll be worth seeing. I haven't checked out the digital bonus yet that's about... John Williams!

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
The first (I thought it was all of them strung together, considering how long it was) featurette on the Bonus BluRay, "The Skywalker Legacy" is over 2 hours of perhaps the best behind-the-scenes SW documentary I think I have ever seen (it has so many spoilers itself, that I shan't ruin them for you all! ). There are about 5 more (about the Pasaana chase, Warwick Davis, D-O, and more) of them that I am looking forward to watching soon.

[edit] I watched (can you "binge" just 3 hours from a single disc?) the rest of the Bonus. While not as dynamic and impressive as the TSL featurette, the others were great. I knew there was a lot of real and on-location sets in the whole Disney Trilogy, but I didn't realize the extent and score of it all. The new star of SW to me is Eunice Huthart, the stunt coordinator. And there were quite a few Scots working as part of the crew (makes sense, if the sets were at Pinewood Studios). I now know where and what to look for (and listen to) in re-views of TROS itself.

Last edited:

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
I splurged and bought the fancy Target edition. The bonus disc was the first one I popped in and was greatly disappointed to see there was no deleted scenes feature. Not even the trailer/s.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
I reading some online articles, there may just not have been much "unused" film. The stunt coordinator, Eunice Huthart, said on most of her movies that about 60% of filmed scenes make it into the final version; but TROS had about 90% included, she felt. Having the trailers wouldn't have taken much effort to include, though.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
Has anyone bought the super-duper box sets? Curious to know if deleted scenes and the trailers are on them.

I have a feeling, when Black Friday rolls around, the box sets will have a significant price drop. Then I might pick them up.

If you haven't read the ROS novelization, I highly recommend it. There's a scene in the movie when Lando first gets onboard the Falcon and he has that look of nostalgia. In the book, he explores the Falcon a little more. He goes looking for his old cape closet from Solo! I wanted to see a scene of that!

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
If you haven't read the ROS novelization, I highly recommend it. There's a scene in the movie when Lando first gets onboard the Falcon and he has that look of nostalgia. In the book, he explores the Falcon a little more. He goes looking for his old cape closet from Solo! I wanted to see a scene of that!
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Lando flew the Falcon between ESB and ROTJ (even if Shadows of the Empire is now only "Legacy" material) and would have had ample time then to look and see if his cape closet was still onboard. It's cute how the author is trying to make connections between the more recent media but the connect here doesn't make too much sense to me. But I also gave it a big eye-roll when we see Lando flying the Falcon at the end of ROS wearing his costume from Solo. It felt unreasonable (there's no way the outfit would still fit) and if you really wanted to tie the movies together, Lando could say something about L3 having helped guide them through the unknown regions.