TROS final trailer drops Monday during MNF (after 5:15pm PDT)

JediTricks

Jedi Council Member
Aug 14, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.geocities.com
This is the spoilers thread, so we can all talk about how ____ is actually _____ and wow that _____ looks so much like ______ but with bigger _____!

It'll be airing during Monday Night Football on ABC, and after the trailer the preorder for tix goes on sale.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
That is helpful to know: I was going to stop at a theater after work, to not deal with slow online connection issues. That might be too early, then.
I attended the Fathom event's showing of Alien last week. I asked at the counter when they'd start selling tickets for ROS, and it wasn't on their schedule yet.

I'll drop in again in the next day or so.

Bel-Cam Jos

Jedi Council Member
Aug 16, 2001
Where 'text' & 'friend' are nouns
Hmm. One of my predictions might come true (but I hope not; it involves Threepio), based on this FINAL TRAILER, as the talking heads kept referring to it. I just don't know; it seems so jumbled up. I wonder if those riding creatures will be part of the final scene, as the heroes ride off into... a twin sunset.

Reactions: JediTricks

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
No. The riding animals are on Endor. I think that the Death Star 2 crashed into the planet and not shown will be the forest Moon where the Ewoks live. So they might be near the forest Moon of Endor but the scenes are actually on the planet Endor which was not shown in Return of the Jedi.

The OC47150

Force Sensitive
Nov 9, 2018
No. The riding animals are on Endor. I think that the Death Star 2 crashed into the planet and not shown will be the forest Moon where the Ewoks live. So they might be near the forest Moon of Endor but the scenes are actually on the planet Endor which was not shown in Return of the Jedi.
The cavalry to the rescue, Tycho?

The all-white scene where Rey and Kylo are destroying a statue (?) reminds me of Bespin: clean, sterile.

Ran out just a bit ago and bought tix for Dec. 19 show.

DarkJedi5

Sith Apprentice
Nov 12, 2002
California
Visit site
So, I've rewatched the "final" trailer a couple of times and have some thoughts. First of all, didn't see anyone else mention it but, in that scene with the Falcon leading all those ships, I'm certain we can see the Ghost on the right side of the screen just to the left of the Falcon. Secondly, I'm not sure if the black thing that Rey and Kylo smash is Vader's armour but it's certainly his helmet on top. I guess my question is, how in the heck did it get off Star Killer base? Did Phasma grab it on her way out of the trash compactor? Did Kylo have time to run back to his room after his fight with Rey and pack up all his belongings before the base went up? It just seems so.... whatever.

In the end, the trailer leaves me with a weird combination of interest and apprehension. I like seeing so many of the classic ships; the Corellian Corvette, the Imperial Class Star Destroyers, what look like old-timey Y-Wings and B-Wings... it ups the nostalgia factor for me that made Rogue One and Solo so much more fun to watch (for me at least). But then I wonder, what in the hell story is this movie going to tell? Not only does it have to wrap up the Skywalker saga, as advertised, but it's also going to have to explain how our heroes have built this massive fleet since the last time we saw them, explain why Palpatine isn't dead (which has me wondering about whether this will have to do with some giant revelation about the force ala the Mortis trilogy from CW), explain where this missing Imperial fleet has been hiding for two decades, all the while apparently visiting like seven different planets. Just feels like they've bitten off quite a bit more than they can chew while telling a cohesive and sensible story.

Reactions: Tycho

Tycho

Sith Knight
Aug 16, 2001
San Diego, CA
www.sirstevesguide.com
I don't have any opinion about the trailer. I wanted to see the movie before it. And I want to get this over with. It will be good or bad. But the trailer tells nothing. I want there to be plot in a trailer. If I were making the ESB trailer, I'd have Vader saying, "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father." And like the VHS trailer, Leia and Lando and Han..."Vader wants us all dead."

I can't tell what TROS is about.